NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > NorthWest Chapter > NorthWest For Sale/Wanted
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NorthWest For Sale/Wanted For Sale/Wanted items. Local sales only, if you are willing to ship, please use the National Classifieds. No SPAM.

Old April 6th, 2011, 17:32
NWC President

Re: NWC Buyer/Seller Feedback

Warn Industries Service Center:

While re-spooling my cable I noticed the winch motor seemed to be loping, and drawing a lot of power with no load. I debated messing with it myself, but with a big trip in the future I decided to leave it to the pro's. With Warn being so close I brought the winch to their service department.

I dealt with Ron, one of the two lead winch techs at the service department. After a bit of paperwork, and explaining the problem Ron said he'd take a look at it. Within a few hours after dropping it off I got a call informing me of what had been found. Ron was still working on the winch, but just called to give an update (awesome service). The next morning I received another call that he had gone through the winch, and solenoids, and it was ready for pickup (less than 24 hours later).

I expected to pay for the labor, but it was all covered under warranty (I'm the original owner). Free of charge, and I walked out with a freshly rebuilt winch (and a few stickers, calendar, tie-down strap).

If you have a Warn winch, and think it may be time to have it looked at, don't hesitate to take it directly to Warn. They charge $44 an hour, and say they usually have them back together within an hour and a half. So for ~$66 you can have your winch gone through, and serviced by a professional.

13270 SE Pheasant Court
Milwaukie, OR 97222
503-722-1200
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:46
NWC President

Six States:

I've recently been using Six States for my u-joint and drive line needs. They have great prices on all Spicer parts. I've picked up several sets of u-joints from them, and have always been pleased with the price. Plus, they're local too.

This week I needed to have a drive line lengthened. I called up Ken at the Six States Drive Line Shop, and he got me right in. Within a few days, I received a call letting me know the drive line was all finished and ready for pickup. The pricing was more than fair, and I left a happy customer.

If you have any sort of drive train need from axles, to drive lines, and transmissions, give Six States a call. Great company!

6011 NE Columbia Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97218
503-249-1010
Old April 15th, 2011, 17:30
NAXJA Forum User

Not in the Northwest per say but it will save you from harbor freight crap and top sears/ace prices.

www.heleta.com

if your in a rush to do a project dont waste your time. But if its monday and you have a weekend project this is the site for you.
Good quality cut off wheels, grinding wheels, abrasives, sawzall blades, welding gloves, and more. Even smoke harbor freights prices. Only four buisness days and all my stuff was in. Three pairs of welding gloves, ten cut off wheels, and six sawzall blades with shipping still under $50 bucks. Cant beat that. Give them a shot and pm me thanks later.
Old May 25th, 2011, 19:35
NAXJA Forum User

Randys ring and pinion

I know were always trying to find the best price for axle stuff but if you need something fast and are willing to pay full price go there. Everything literally seems to be in stock and my order was ready and shipped out the same hour I purchased it in. Kudos for good customer service. I ordered a disc brake conversion from quadratec and it wasnt in stock, they had to drop ship, and I cant get any info on anything. I appreciate great quick order processing and shipping!
Old May 25th, 2011, 21:06
NAXJA Forum User

We're supposed to be honest here right?

I've been a little disappointed with ACRO. I bought a couple parts off here including an ARB compressor that was supposedly a factory refurb. After running into several problems and missing parts, I ended up contacting ARB. From what they and I can tell, this wasn't a refurbed unit but a used one. It still works and I've gotten all the parts that were missing but it is a bit disturbing to have something passed off as basically new when in fact it is far from it.

That said, it arrived with a broken air filter and John immediatly sent me a new filter on his dime which I appreciate. I may have just had some bad luck with the compressor...
Old June 1st, 2011, 21:07
NAXJA Member

http://www.maverickwelding.com/

1737 Washington Street
Oregon City, OR 97045-1039
(503) 656-2914

I showed up 1 minute after they closed while they were locking up to get a tank of gas. The guy was in a hurry so he offered to sell me a tank for a discount if I had cash, which I did not, and although grudgingly he did fire up the cash register and run my card instead of telling me to come back in the morning. I will continue to give this place all my welding supply business.

also, x2 on six states driveshaft being awesome! they shortened a drive shaft, balanced it, and put in new joints for about $100 ($88 IIRC) and had great people and great customer service.
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:37
NAXJA Member

INTERSTATE FIRE EXTINGUISHER CO.

Loren Lindquist was at my work to check our extinguishers and I asked him about getting a 2.5lb for the jeep, he said to bring cash with me the next day and he would drop one off.

super nice guy, $39 for a 2.5lb ABC, he even threw in mounting hardware.

interstatefire.ext@gmail.com 360-909-4798
I'd have to say a hand sledge or an angle grinder is the most useful tool though. You can do anything from brutalize your fingers to breaking everything around the thing you're trying to hit/cut with them.
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:43
NAXJA Forum User

So,

I bought some Raw Brown Motor Mounts from 90Pioneer from the following thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1069272

I paid $60 SHIPPED which was, at the time a good deal. When they arrived, the bushings were shot. SO I would like to share the conversation from PM's.

Originally Posted by jimmy21669
I found them...rubber=GOOD

Do 60 even and send me paypal info....they still in good shape?

Originally Posted by 90Pioneer
Yes mounts are in great shape. Paypal is codybrons@gmail.com please send it as a "gift" or add 3%. I can ship them out on Wednesday I think if that works for you.

I recieve them, find out they are NOT in great shape and send the following:

Originally Posted by jimmy21669
So to quote you "Yes mounts are in great shape".

I got them, took them out of the box to install them yesterday, and the bushings are shot. They are cracked, have chunks missing, and one of them will slide right out of the housing.

What's up with that? I don't know how to replace the bushings since they are not making mounts right now.

Originally Posted by 90Pioneer
The mounts are only 18k miles old... they are rubber bushings.. any rubber motor mount bushing will look like that in short order. They are in good shape.

None of the bushings fell out when I removed them, they were solidly in place.

With all of this being said. I will now post pictures of the bushings that were falling out and falling apart when I received them in "great shape":

The one thing I cannot show you in a picture, is how rock hard the bushings are. The hole where the sleeve goes, is wallowed out and I could see daylight between the sleeve and the bushing.

I have had many transactions on . I trust people here. But these are not something that I would put on my Jeep as is. I think they would make things worse.

Problem is, RawBrown mounts were $80 new. They no longer make them so I cannot get that bushing. It is non standard and 2.5 inches in diameter and I cannot find an off the shelf bushing to work. So I will have to send to McMaster Car for a 2 part polyeurethane kit to MAKE bushings, and then I have poly, not rubber like I wanted.

By the time I am done I will have $100 into these mounts (more than they cost) and hours of my time.

So I got taken for a ride in my opinion, and that is my feedback.
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:51
NAXJA Member

Socal offroad.

I went to redeem my certificate for a free set of Rustys metal taillight boxes. When I put in the code for them it only took off the cost of shipping I called socal and Tom fixed the code so that it would take off the cost of the boxes then reembersed me for the shipping just for the trouble. He was very curdious and helpfull. I recomend anyony wanting something from rusty's to go through socal. As I will.

A++ customer service.
Sent from my mind cause I'm so Awesome.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 14:54
NAXJA Member

Good Year tire center (vancouver wa)

I took my Grade A prime fine tuned Jeep down to the good ol' guys of Vancouver Goodyear Tire (off Andresen) A Very nice christian faith Fella By the name of Ben ran out to assist me faster then one of the fat hairy guys at Les schwab ever could.. I explained to this young man that my vehicle was experiencing a slight mishap and i desired the precision of a laser alignment machine.. He quietly took the jeep out for test drive and proceeded to dial in all the specifications in a very quick and professional manner.. at $69.95 the service i received was impeccable. I will be sure to return to them for my business! (again..and again..and again)
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:43
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 90Pioneer! Great guy, excellent seller! I bought a transfer case and double cardan driveline from him. Not only did the transaction go super smoothly, He removed it from his vehicle and drove it from Bend to Aurora for me before I could even pay him. He was heading down over a weekend but my payday fell on the next Monday. We talked on the phone and came to an agreement about the whole situation. He drove it down then on Monday I sent him a paypal, he verified it, then got right back to me and sent me the address where to pick it up. Went over and grabbed it and everything was exactly as described. He even threw in some new u-joints! Could not be happier and the TC and driveline, which I took to get made custom, are in the vehicle now and it all works flawlessly. Great guy, great transaction, and great product!
Old November 30th, 2011, 18:42
NAXJA Forum User

Having a bad experience with a member on here, Keaton now going by Metal XJ. I GAVE him a front bumper, he needed a trackbar so I told him to drop off some cold brews for it. That was almost a year ago.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 14:40
NAXJA Forum User

Ive bought from five people on here and Im awesome. Thanks.

Also, The five people Ive bought from were really easy and helpful to do business with:

2Extreme(michael)- BB
moneypit_k5(joe)- axles
dellstopjeep(eric)- tube doors and rear bumper
goblazers_6(darren)- wheels/tires
lilbrosfab(??)- sliders

They are all really easy to give your money to since they were nice and made getting said purchases to me in the most convenient way. Well lil bros fab didnt make it convenient to deliver them to me but he built them without a deposit which was convenient so I didnt have to drive to Tukwila twice. Thanks guys.
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:38
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Warning: Dont do business with Seabeck 4x4 and Fab are crooks

Sorry to hear your trouble. I just ran across one of his ad's on craigslist and really appreciate the heads up you've given everyone on the net. This thread is #1 found on Google for "Seabeck 4x4 and Fab".

And he sounds like a douche on his voicemail message saying if he's not answering he's probably on his boat, in a very douche-bag-ish voice. lol
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:44
NAXJA Forum User

I would defantily sell to Moneypit_k5 anytime. He followed through with everything he said he was going to and stayed in touch with me to let me know what was going on.
A+ Non-Member