• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Perfecting my lift ... relocate shock mounts??

xdarrows

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the update ...

Spoke with the super-helpful Dirk at DPG and now have JKS J-Flex UCAs and LCAs on the way. He also recommended the JKS rear shock relocator brackets (and they're cheap, so I ordered those as well).

AA SYE from Rusty's is on the way and will be installed next week, then we'll measure for drive-shaft length and required pinion angle for shims.

Now ... for the decision ... do I really need to relocate the rear shock mounts with 4° of shim?

Thanks!!

REFERENCE: my thoughts from my previous thread and considering others' input ...
Finally started lifting my 99 XJ ... need thoughts

Did you get a relocation bracket or bar pin eliminators? Never heard of anyone relocate the shocks just for an sye. But bar pin eliminators are good since they replace the weak bar pins on the top of the rear shock. They're also on the bottom of the front shocks.

I used those on my '95 and moved further out on the axle!

Really "need to", no. A good idea for future project, yes there will be some benefits. My XJ is at 5.5 inches of lift, and it still has the stock shock mounts on the axle. I won those JKS shock mounts in a raffle about 5 years ago, and they are still on my to-do list.

I have a 6* shim and there's a noticeable difference in the witness marks on the shock shaft between left and right (over an inch). Plan on re-drilling the hole in the stock mount and moving the driver's side up, then trimming the mount. Just ran Rubicon and that damned mount scraped in a lot of places (didn't stop progress, but made lots of sinking Titanic noises).

Back