• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PHX Craigslist: 1997 Jeep Comanche

that thing has been up there for at least 6 months. he is asking WAY too much for it. its still a 88 body. I dont think its worth more then $4k im sure many others agree which would be why its not sold yet

The guy has been relisting that thing for the same price every week for 6 months like pox said.

It's nice looking, but it's over priced.

its too nice looking to beat the crap out of it, and you can ALMOST get a nice duramax tow rig for that much!

...its too nice looking to beat the crap out of it...

Why is beating the crap out of it even in the conversation? Some people like to actually take care of their stuff, especially if it's unique. Smashing shit on rocks isn't everyone's cup o' tea...

...and you can ALMOST get a nice duramax tow rig for that much!

You can also get about 8 plasma TVs, or a couple nice Beretta 12 gauges. What's your point?

I bet if you offered him $6,500 he'd take it. I wonder how many miles are on the engine.

he's held his price for this long already... his price used to say $9000 firm until this recent post.

There's another comanche on there for $1300 that you could swap 97+ parts on and paint it and only be invested around $2500.

btw, my point about the duramax was that if youre buying a truck for that much money... why not buy a truck that you can use? plasma tv's and shotguns arent related.

There's another comanche on there for $1300 that you could swap 97+ parts on and paint it and only be invested around $2500.

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but I honestly don't understand your logic. He put $2,000 in the paint job, and a new set of 31x10.50 BFG KM2's on it. That's over the $2,500 mark you suggested already. Also, it appears to have a 4" lift, and time is money. I think you underestimate how expensive it is, not just to build a truck, but to build a pretty truck, and do it with attention to cosmetic detail. Someone will buy this truck, and for more than $2,500.

And my point with the Duramax was the trucks are nothing alike in the sense of usefulness. Obviously, this truck wasn't meant to tow 12,000 pounds, and a Duramax wasn't meant to run tight goat trails. A person in the market for something like this definitely isn't looking for a full size diesel, or 8 TVs, or 2 Berettas...

do you beleive everything you see in advertising? :D that's not a $2k paint job... unless its its a pearl or really expensive paint.

I'm sure someone would pay somewhere near $4k for it... half what he is asking. That is someone who wants a pretty jeep and doesnt want to invest their own time.

I figure, if that is really a $2,000 paint job. I wouldnt take it on ANY trail. So it woudnt be useful for trails. :)

Last edited:
I personally think that is one sweet comanche.

the lift who know what it is... the rear is just a spring over i bet.

The front, could be used parts could be new.

I do know converting the dash and interior is alot of work and expensive, so time is money but jeeps never go for what we have into them. If that were the case some of these beat POS on this site would be 12k. :)

so yeah, what he wants is certainly what he has into it parts and time.

do you beleive everything you see in advertising? :D that's not a $2k paint job... unless its its a pearl or really expensive paint.

On a build like that, the man probably has receipts.

And I take my blue beauty queen down gnarly Arizona trails!

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

:peace:

um, those pics are not gnarly az trails. let us know if you want to try some:D!

Thats the beauty of the interweb Kracker is you can say whatever you want and people can get bent outta shape over something someone thousands of miles away said :D

or just down the street:gee:

i like it - sweet build - clean and looks to be done right... i bet he is trying to get back his monies out of it... i would pay 6k for it - 8 is pushing it some these days

Back