• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 95' Cherokee

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Well… Its time… With my work schedule overseas my time to go out and enjoy the Jeep has been cut down to almost nothing. I really hate to do this but she’s got to go… The final stage of the build happened in the middle of 2010 and I have only taken it out wheeling once. I have yet to get time to even get the little bugs worked out. It was rebuilt with good quality parts and has less than 1200 miles on everything. The odometer reads around 170K miles but that’s just the body. I have receipts for most things on it. Freshly built stroker, brand new AW4, new Atlas, freshly built/rebuilt axles, new drive shafts. Tires have about 4000 miles on them. Exo cage can be cut at the bottom and lifted off the XJ as one unit.

There are only a few things that need to be addressed on it.
• The rear needs bump stops.
• Front ACOS bump stops need to be adjusted
• The front limiting straps are too long.
• Engine still needs to be tuned. It’s a 4.7L stroker with extensive head work. It needs larger injectors; I know that since it’s got new stock ones on it and running lean. I have new larger injectors on the way.
• I have also been fighting with the engine temp but believe it to be a bad temp sensor + lean condition.
• Front output on the Atlas will not going into 4H, linkage needs to be adjusted

Again, I have had little time with it to actually get it all worked out since the rebuild due to my work rotation overseas.

I’m looking to sell it all together, not part out. I am losing the place where I store it and it needs to find a new home. I really hate to get rid of it after investing so much into it but it makes no sense to keep it. I am currently out of country but am able to answer any questions you may have. I will be back in Phoenix in mid-February. I am looking to get $22,000 but am open to offers and potentially some trades plus cash. I have way more than that invested into her than I’m asking (doesn’t everyone?). I know its an XJ but there are a ton of parts on this thing. Possibly interested in a double bay tool box or larger, various shop tools (floor drill press, press, brake, air compressor, Etc…), or utility ATV/side by side as part trade.

Here's what she’s got… I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things. It’s been a while since it was built.

Axles

Front Currie Dana 44
• 4.56 G2 gears
• WJ knuckles
• Gusseted knuckles
• RCV shafts
• ARB locker
• ARB diff cover
Rear XJ Dana 44
• 4.56 G2 gears
• Tube truss
• Superior Jeep Super 44 Rear Axle Kits, 33 Spline
• 33 spline ARB locker
• Solid diff cover
• Teraflex disk conversion

Steering
• PSC hydraulic assist
• 1.25x.25 DOM tube with heims
• MORE steering box brace
• JCR steering box spacer

Driveline
• Atlas II 4.3 transfer case
• New AW4
• 315/75-16 BFG KM2’s
• TJ Rubicon MOAB rims

Suspension

Front
• Rusty’s long arms
• Rusty’s 4.5” coils
• JKS ACOS Pro
• Rancho RS9000 shocks (have a set of Bilstein 5150’s)
• Modified Rubicon Express track bar bracket
• Rubicon Express track bar bracket brace
• 1.25x.25 DOM tube Track bar with heims
• Currie Antirock
Rear
• Clayton Off Road 4.5” leafs
• H.D. Off-Road Engineering Shackle relocation brackets
• Rubicon Express Boomerang Shackles
• Rubicon Express monotube shocks
• Upper shock hoop (mounted under floor)
• Synergy Suspension Rear Spring Hanger Bracket

Body
• H.D Off-Road Engineering full set of unibody stiffeners
• Raptor lined under body
• JCR Off Road winch bumper
• JCR Off Road stage 2 sliders
• Custom rear bumper
• Full Exocage
• Swing away tire carrier built onto cage
• All external armor power coated
• Rusty’s gas tank skid
• Rusty’s transfer case skid
• Rusty’s engine skid
• Interior cage
• 4 point harnesses front and rear
• 2001 limited leather interior
• Overhead console with trans temp, air tank pressure, and all switches
• VIAIR Ultra Duty Onboard Air System
• Warn 9.5xp with Warn remote (winch installed but not hooked up, never used)
• ORO LITESPOTZ rock light kit

Engine
• 4.7L Stroker (all new everything, accessories, sensors, etc…)
• Roller rockers
• Port and polished head
• Port matched 99’ intake
• Bored throttle body
• THOR intake
• Brown Dog Engine mounts and engine plats
• CSF 3 core radiator
• Dirtbound Off Road electric fan setup
• Ceramic coated Banks header
• Flowmaster 50

457269_10151229161456982_998556277_o.jpg

316113_10150412799461982_4317372_n.jpg

484607_10151229161461982_1224933858_n.jpg

484607_10151229161451982_589791974_n.jpg

296435_10151409810716982_1706979049_n.jpg

404160_10151409810611982_1363644786_n.jpg

Light bar not included...
484607_10151229161441982_500435141_n.jpg

302560_10150412795076982_2346102_n.jpg

306173_10150412798286982_4377094_n.jpg

306264_10150412798356982_566432_n.jpg

305658_10150412799356982_5132608_n.jpg

305488_10150412796726982_636581_n.jpg

169121_10150163178401982_155530_o.jpg

X2! Rent a space and keep that thing! If I had the space I would offer a parking space. (Then I would have plenty of time to use you exo as a template to build mine)

Wow, amazing Jeep. Mine aspires to be like that one day. GLWS!!!

Thank you very much. It took me 6 years to get it to this point.

NOOOO! this is such a clean jeep..Just garage it and enjoy it when you get back home brotha.

I need to find a place to keep it if I do. I’m just not sure how long it will be. I’ve got a great gig here in the desert and I think I’ll be doing it a while.

X2! Rent a space and keep that thing! If I had the space I would offer a parking space. (Then I would have plenty of time to use you exo as a template to build mine)

You’re more than welcome to take a look at it anytime. Take as many pix as you’d like!

I tried getting a shop to keep it and to start the F100 restore in. The problem is, when you tell the land lord you’ll be doing something “Automotive” they don’t like it. Really limits the places available and most of them are not in locations Id trust to leave mu stuff unattended for months at a time. Ive ended up just putting all of my tools and equipment in the hangar for the time being. Unfortunately, they do not allow storage of anything "non aviation" in the hangar. I figure I can get away with the tools in there (A&P mechanic) not so much with the vehicles.

$22,000!!!!! Wow u can build a buggy for that good luck with ur sale tho

Thank you for your input. This is very true. It all depends on the mission you build your vehicle around. I wanted something I could drive to and from the trails in comfort that would blow cold air in the summer and blast hot in the winter as well as carry passengers and camping gear. Many people choose to get a $40K Rubicon and then pour money into it. It’s got lockers, D44’s, a decent powerplant, and linked suspension. $40k could build a very nice buggy let alone the money people put into them from there. In a way I chose to do this, just with the $4000 jeep I bought back in 2007. Again, it comes down to the mission the vehicle is used for.

My XJ has most things that a buggy has but, does not need to be towed to the trails, and can be used as a DD. Just after it was built to its current configuration, I drove it from Murfreesboro, TN to Enterprise, AL. I had the AC blowing and the cruse set. She drove true, was quiet for having mud tired and a cage hanging out there, kept me dry in the rain, and did not fatigue me over the 6 hour drive. I would not be able to do that in a buggy. I would have also needed to buy a truck and a trailer and store them if it was a buggy. That adds up $$$.

With the Exo and the unibody stiffeners, I could chop it up and get rid of the sheet metal. This would completely defeat the purpose of owning a Cherokee. If you want a buggy and can build it yourself, spend $20k on that. If your mission is to include; use as a DD, overland adventure, and a weekend basing, I think you would find this to be a good fit for your mission and then some, not a buggy. If you want a buggy or feel your off road life requires “the ultimate hardcore” then this Jeep is not for you. Just that easy.

You'll also see "OBO" and that I'm open to trade. If you are interested in the Jeep and feel that the price is not within reason for what it is, please feel free to PM me with an offer and we can discuss the possibility of your ownership further.

Last edited:
If you do decide to keep it, I can give you a name of the storage place I usedwhen iwent to basic training. I parked my suburban, el camino and my xj there for aroung $35/mo. Very secure! So many cameras it will make you sick, keypad and physical check in to accessthe yard. Secure enough that it kept my psycho ex wife out. (Money hungry, manipulative psycho.)we were in the middle of a divorce and tried desperatly to get my jeep but still couldn't. Let me know.

Thank you very much. It took me 6 years to get it to this point.

I need to find a place to keep it if I do. I’m just not sure how long it will be. I’ve got a great gig here in the desert and I think I’ll be doing it a while.

You’re more than welcome to take a look at it anytime. Take as many pix as you’d like!

I tried getting a shop to keep it and to start the F100 restore in. The problem is, when you tell the land lord you’ll be doing something “Automotive” they don’t like it. Really limits the places available and most of them are not in locations Id trust to leave mu stuff unattended for months at a time. Ive ended up just putting all of my tools and equipment in the hangar for the time being. Unfortunately, they do not allow storage of anything "non aviation" in the hangar. I figure I can get away with the tools in there (A&P mechanic) not so much with the vehicles.

Thank you for your input. This is very true. It all depends on the mission you build your vehicle around. I wanted something I could drive to and from the trails in comfort that would blow cold air in the summer and blast hot in the winter as well as carry passengers and camping gear. Many people choose to get a $40K Rubicon and then pour money into it. It’s got lockers, D44’s, a decent powerplant, and linked suspension. $40k could build a very nice buggy let alone the money people put into them from there. In a way I chose to do this, just with the $4000 jeep I bought back in 2007. Again, it comes down to the mission the vehicle is used for.

My XJ has most things that a buggy has but, does not need to be towed to the trails, and can be used as a DD. Just after it was built to its current configuration, I drove it from Murfreesboro, TN to Enterprise, AL. I had the AC blowing and the cruse set. She drove true, was quiet for having mud tired and a cage hanging out there, kept me dry in the rain, and did not fatigue me over the 6 hour drive. I would not be able to do that in a buggy. I would have also needed to buy a truck and a trailer and store them if it was a buggy. That adds up $$$.

With the Exo and the unibody stiffeners, I could chop it up and get rid of the sheet metal. This would completely defeat the purpose of owning a Cherokee. If you want a buggy and can build it yourself, spend $20k on that. If your mission is to include; use as a DD, overland adventure, and a weekend basing, I think you would find this to be a good fit for your mission and then some, not a buggy. If you want a buggy or feel your off road life requires “the ultimate hardcore” then this Jeep is not for you. Just that easy.

You'll also see "OBO" and that I'm open to trade. If you are interested in the Jeep and feel that the price is not within reason for what it is, please feel free to PM me with an offer and we can discuss the possibility of your ownership further.

Very nice rig, and very well stated as to why you built it the way you did. I had the same goals in mind when I started on mine and have had this same conversation with a lot of people the past couple years. It's nice to have something that is road worthy, reliable and still reasonably capable off road. Much cheaper than building a buggy, then buying a truck and trailer to haul it around. To each his own. Good luck with the sale.

Im interested to see how the trac bar mounts to the axle. Mind snapping a pic of that man. Just interested to see how its there.

Sweet o jeep to. Well worth the price of asking!

Possibly interested in a double bay tool box or larger, various shop tools (floor drill press, press, brake, air compressor, Etc…), or utility ATV/side by side as part trade.

AZjeepin1
Could be interested in something else as well. If you're interested shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

jeepfreak1020
Im working on getting the picture right now. May be a day or so before I get it up.

I would also let any prospective buyers know that I currently have it licensed through the State of Alabama (where my house is) and that I have never had to worry about emissions. It is equipped with all the stock forms of emission control still. High flow cat, vacuum lines, o2, etc... I'm not saying that it would not pass AZ emissions, I'm just saying I've never had it done to know where it is with the stroker. I registered my other jeep up in Prescott and did not need to bother with emissions.

jeepfreak1020
As I am not in the country, I had my dad take a few pictures. Im not sure he actually understands what I told him to take a picture of. Here are a few pictures from the front but, its behind stuff. The first time I took it out on TN I bent the whole bracket with the hydro assist being mounted to it. We went back and boxed everything in with 1/4" plate. The track bar sits on top of the hydro assist bracket.

2013-01-24_17-22-43_266.jpg

2013-01-24_17-25-25_977.jpg

(I know the RCV cap is broken. New one is in the back seat waiting to be popped on.)

I would also let any prospective buyers know that I currently have it licensed through the State of Alabama (where my house is) and that I have never had to worry about emissions. It is equipped with all the stock forms of emission control still. High flow cat, vacuum lines, o2, etc... I'm not saying that it would not pass AZ emissions, I'm just saying I've never had it done to know where it is with the stroker. I registered my other jeep up in Prescott and did not need to bother with emissions.

It only costs $20 to take through emissions in AZ. There are sites all over. If I were going to make an offer on a $20k+ rig, I'd want to know if it'll pass emissions. :spin1:

Ill be in town for a few weeks in FEB and hope to get the fuel/air mix locked in with some different injectors. Ill take it in after that. I don't see why it wouldn't though... I'm just trying to be as honest and upfront about the rig as possible. No surprises to be had here. It is what it is to the best of my knowledge.

Back