• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 5100 4.5" lift shocks for ZJ/XJ/TJ+

Nickell80

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a set of 4 brand new Bilstein 5100's that just came in from UPS today.
I wasn't really planning on selling right away but figured I would see who is interested.

I bought them for my ZJ when I was planning a 4.5" lift but ended up getting an XJ and need the money right now more than I need the shocks.

As far as I know, they WILL work for TJ, ZJ, and XJ (just started a thread asking lol).

Asking $350 local or you pay shipping just so I can get some of my money back.

I only took one out of the box to see, I had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks to get them in because they were still being built so I know they are good (if not, they have a lifetime limited warranty from Bilstein).

BIL5100GENERIC.jpg

IMG00053-20110509-1929-1.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask.

In Tucson, AZ btw.

Oh and one more thing. haha. Will possibly consider trade for Xj and/or ZJ parts (deck w/ usb plug in, small lift parts, wheels, etc.)

Plan to be in Phoenix area this Sunday so could be possible to meet up there.

Last edited:
Sorry about leaving you hangin, I need to instant subscribe.

From Bilstein site:
Front:*Collapsed Length (IN): 14.98
*Extended Length (IN): 24.61
Rear:*Collapsed Length (IN): 15.48
*Extended Length (IN): 24.59

And no clue on valving, I just ordered them online for 4.5" ZJ.

I need longer travel for the front. The rears may work though, I'm gonna do some measuring to make sure. Are interested in trades? Do you need anything?

I'm going to bring the one I opened into work today and physically measure it, they are supposed to be 12" travel shocks so I want to check. I'll get back to you on that.
I found a little paper in the box yesterday and found out that they are really 5125's also.

I am considering trades, here are some ideas though. A radio for the new Jeep, bumpers, wheels, parts for about 2" lift maybe until I get the Full Traction kit, etc.
Let me know what you may have.
I do need the rear quarter panel fixed but would just need money I guess for that. lol
DSC03477.jpg

And the bumper I'm planning on getting just because I wanted to show it off, but maybe without the hoop, not sure.
ForumRunner_20110427_191144.jpg

Alright, I just measured them. Eye to eye I got about 2" longer extended and (doing what I could) collapsed was about the same. This is all compared to what I had posted earlier.

Im interested in all 4 but wouldnt be for another week or two (first pay check with new job) it and might be difficult since im moving to SoCal on sunday

FYI to anybody interested:

I physically measured the shocks today while I was under the Jeep putting the axle in and extended they were about 6" longer than stock extended.
That means they will fit perfectly for around 4.5" of lift and still give you the 12" of travel!!!

Throw me some reasonable offers.

Back