• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I should be at the Badlands Friday night.

mac ‘staying in the Campground’ gyvr

Anyone have info or tips on programming the Baofeng UV5R? I can’t get the cable that came with it to work on my PC. Going to try an order PC tomorrow.

Go to http://www.miklor.com/ he is a wealth of ham radio information.
He has many links to CHIRP and other programming information.

Well with trying to get things ready for heading to Moab I actually drove the jeep to work 2 days in a row. Besides the little bit of bump steer and wondering down the road it drove out pretty smooth. Even put the jeep up on the scales at work. Only weighed in at 4480 without me in it. Lot less than what I was expecting. Hopefully that will help when towing it thru the mountains of Colorado.

Well with trying to get things ready for heading to Moab I actually drove the jeep to work 2 days in a row. Besides the little bit of bump steer and wondering down the road it drove out pretty smooth. Even put the jeep up on the scales at work. Only weighed in at 4480 without me in it. Lot less than what I was expecting. Hopefully that will help when towing it thru the mountains of Colorado.

And it weighs 4500 with you in it lol

mac ‘they won’t let me drive mine at work’ gyvr

And it weighs 4500 with you in it lol

mac ‘they won’t let me drive mine at work’ gyvr
Well..you would go all Roscoe P. Coltrain in hot pursuit and get death wobble and end up like an old CHiPs episode.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Well..you would go all Roscoe P. Coltrain in hot pursuit and get death wobble and end up like an old CHiPs episode.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Mine will do 70+ with no issues on 35s...

mac 'life is a highway' gyvr

It will be allright Cliff. Send it. LOL (I will have an extra ball joint and the press to replace it if you should need it.)

Badlands bound after working till noon on Friday.

Last edited:
Mines loaded and behind the RV.

Hoping to leave Ft Wayne by 4pm.

Chuck do you have a campsite?

Call me tomorrow during the day if you want.

mac ‘pic is of truck parking trailer’ gyvr

187e5d50a48284bc6c61566d05bd5c36.jpg

I moved it around the driveway with the truck, haven't towed heavy with it yet.

It will be towing all that to Moab.

Based on this video, it should tow great. (the 2018 has 25 more hp than the 2015 in this video. The 2018 2.7 is only 25 hp less than the first 3.5). The trailer in this video weighs 7200 lbs. The 2018 also has the 10 sp transmission.

mac 'not your dad's inline 300' gyvr

Broke output shaft on tbe buggys 231 Labor day weekend. Looking at options, should I slap a stock one back in or do the JB wide chain upgrade? This case has been beat on like a red headed step child for tbe last 18 years, replaced the chain when i did tbe SYE in 09' just because.

I do plan on a LS swap, 6.0/4l80 at some point, unless someone wants to buy the buggy. So I really do not want to dump a lot of money into the 231j but it'll still be worth 300-500 when its done

Today when I was at the local park with a miniature train, I asked what engine it has. It has an inline 6 Jeep engine. Funny thing is that it blew up and was down all summer. They said they had to go out of state to find another one. I don’t know why because there is a Jeep grave yard in Vincennes.

Back