• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slip yoke eliminator

WNC2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running a "3'' OME in lift on my 2000 cherokee sport. I also installed 2" spacers up front to level it out because i didn't want to take a rear leaf out and sacrifice ground clearance.

My question is.. Which SYE to go with?

I'm currently looking at the rugged ridge Mega Short SYE. It's supposed to be 3" shorter than the other SYEs and claims to be overall stronger and give you better DS angles.

next up is the "standard" SYE that you can get from just about anyone who makes/sells jeep parts.

and then finally the hack and tap. I haven't quite figured this one out yet, so forgive me on that.

Advance Adapter HD slip yoke.

Hack and Tap is OK, but relies on the installers good workmanship for long term reliability. Either one allows the use of a stock XJ front driveshaft for the SYE drive shaft and you only have to carry one spare. Super Short is not required.

This^^^, it's the best all-around and cost effective solution!

Super shorts are more for TJ's who need the extra shaft length. You don't on an XJ. Plus I believe the super shorts don't have the speedometer gear?

I'm running the PORC one. Not sure if that is still a thing, but the price was right.

I have the Advance Adapter HD slip yoke installed, and at least 10 years later and no problems, no complaints.

Super shorts are more for TJ's who need the extra shaft length. You don't on an XJ. Plus I believe the super shorts don't have the speedometer gear?

I'm running the PORC one. Not sure if that is still a thing, but the price was right.

This is correct. I just read they use a magnetic speed sensor in the mega short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed an IRO HnT. One issue is that they can be used on 4.5" lifts and higher with the stock front shaft. There may be other front shafts that would work. So, the OPs might need a 'custom' shaft either way. Also, that might change as to the axle the OP has.

On my second xj with my second hack n tap. The first one worked out better with my 242 case and d44 and the 231 case with the 8.25 seems like the front drive shaft is a bit short. I think a zj or yj front shaft can be an option there. The hack n tap allows you to adjust the fixed yoke length a bit. Even if my front shaft is a little short out back it could allow me to put the front shaft in the rear if I brake the rear.

If you have money to burn, a nice fixed yoke shaft and a nice new drive shaft would be the way I'd do it. In the real world $200-300 is much less salty than around $400-500.

I broke down and bought the JB Conversions SYE today. However, once i ordered i tried to call and get another thing added to my order but couldn’t get them to answer the phone. I also didn’t get a order confirmation.. so idk what’s going on there

I broke down and bought the JB Conversions SYE today. However, once i ordered i tried to call and get another thing added to my order but couldn’t get them to answer the phone. I also didn’t get a order confirmation.. so idk what’s going on there

I also reached out to them over the weekend, but have not yet received a response to email or voicemail. Just FYI. I was wanting to get an ETA on shipping parts before ordering. Let us know when you hear back?

They are just a husband/wife team and are horrible with call backs. By the time you worry about it, it will show up.

I also reached out to them over the weekend, but have not yet received a response to email or voicemail. Just FYI. I was wanting to get an ETA on shipping parts before ordering. Let us know when you hear back?

I did get a phone call and an email finally. They Jeff confirmed that they received my order for the SYE, but did not have the other part that was on clearance i wanted that was still on the site. Said something along the lines that their internet guy hasn’t updated the site in a while.

I didn’t know they were a husband and wife team, I’m all too familiar with that as i also have a business but nowhere near the scale of JB Conversions. So, I’ll definitely give them a pass there. He called me about 4:30-4:45 their time which is after hours and also responded to my email. So all is well on my end.

For the price, i can agree with where your thread was going. The JB Conversions is definitely a better product when it comes to the seals, casting and overall fit and finish.

One thing i think worth mentioning with the yokes is the JB is a high clearance yoke and is shorter which i think a lot of people will find very beneficial. I know it was one of my main deciding factors when i pulled the trigger.

As with my later post about their response to phone calls, i stated they did eventually respond. But i think since i think i paid maybe $260 shipped to me for what i believe to be a higher quality product, i think i can let their responsiveness slide being their a small family business. I know how that goes all too well.

I concur.

One of the other things I appreciate about them is that when you do reach John you get good answers to your questions. I don't care for instant gratification anywhere near as much as I care for quality.

I concur.

One of the other things I appreciate about them is that when you do reach John you get good answers to your questions. I don't care for instant gratification anywhere near as much as I care for quality.

This! If i were to contact Morris 4x4, 4wp, or summit.. i kinda expect to talk to someone when i call because they employ hundred of people over several locations. When it comes to family owned businesses, i can let someone picking up a phone slide when their quality is top notch. Bonus points if they are good at both!

As a small business owner, I’ll admit i can go a couple days and on rare occasion a week before i respond to something. Especially an email or message on social media. This is due to i have a full time job and a couple part time jobs and my business is more a hobby that i stay decently busy in.

Back