• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Shackle Relocation Kit

Definatly seems decent but still not as beef as the ones from HD that tie into the hitch bolts

I'd like to see the finished product on level ground to see what it looks like with stock leafs.

Definatly seems decent but still not as beef as the ones from HD that tie into the hitch bolts

You guys think that extra beef from the hitch bolts is necessary? I figure by not using those bolts there would be extra room for a hitch/bumper/etc...

The RC brackets use the stock shackle bolt as well as those two bolts through the front of the stock shackle box. Is the general consensus that this is inadequate or plenty strong enough?

You guys think that extra beef from the hitch bolts is necessary? I figure by not using those bolts there would be extra room for a hitch/bumper/etc...

The RC brackets use the stock shackle bolt as well as those two bolts through the front of the stock shackle box. Is the general consensus that this is inadequate or plenty strong enough?

I agree, i think the use of hitch bolts isn't required. The RC Brackets look strong enough to me, especially if they fit snug in the box.

I purchased the HD ones, but after seeing this I think i'd rather have tried the rough country units. The main problem i have/had with the HD units is they needed a lot of massaging to fit. It's not one size fits all and there was no way either side would have fit my rig since the hD ones go on the outside of the box. Looks like the RC ones go on the inside and I like how they do NOT use the hitch bolts and they don't require cutting of the factory shackle box.

My HD ones went inside the shackle box :dunno:

we had to cut a little bit off, and massage the boxes as you mentioned, but overall i think there fairly stout. guess we'll have to wait and see on these rough country ones.

who's gonna be the guinea pig and buy the first set?

who's gonna be the guinea pig and buy the first set?

I might. I was debating on buying LII slider boxes or fabbing some up shackle re-locators.
However, there still isn't a lot of info on the slider boxes out there, and time is money, so these might be the ticket.
I like the idea that these don't use the hitch bolts. Plus, I could use the extra inch of lift in the rear.

I think I just damn near talked myself into them. :looney:

i just welded some plate to my jeep and some shackle tabs

shit works mint

I like the look of them. I would love to give them a shot this summer(doubt it will happen though). I like that a big company is still coming out with new items for vehicle that is ~10 years out of production.

Back