• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well I must admit that my Blackberry is almost useless. I just wanted a "smartphone" that was 'grown up' looking. Gotta maintain that image in front of the customers and all that jazz.
More and more I think about getting rid of it and going with a much cheaper phone that the company will provide, but we can't text on the work phones and it's something that I'm addicted to, and I wouldn't know how to get in touch with my sisters without texting.

Should get to lay on the ground at the PAP this afternoon and hopefully have a running driving Jeep tomorrow!

you just described me to a tee!
I'm really not a Luddite and I've never intentionally avoided technology, but I grew up when making dinner meant turning on an oven and making a phone call involved turning a round thing with holes in it to "dial" the number. Feedback carburetors were "high tech" and electronic ignition was still a "black science" to most mechanics.

The little missus, on the other hand (six years my junior), had computer labs in H.S. (something that barely existed for me in College) and has had a cell phone as long as I've known her. I guess in that sense, I've got a cell phone (pay for one, anyway) but I've never made a call on it and it's never with me if I need it....

You and my dad would get along real well then...lol!

Spent the day in class, in the labs working, and the rest of the afternoon at work.

So far... I ordered a tubing bender and a die for a little project I have going on next weekend for Lil Timmy (there will be a thread when it's done). I also went and picked up the first production run of beadlocks and got them shipped off this morning. Then I drove around town stopping at Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, Northern Tool, and sadly, I even went by Harbor Freight getting prices on shop saws and drill presses. Gonna try to get these items plus a plasma this coming week. :spin1:

Was supposed to be going to a concert tonight in Adairsville, GA but some little bitch ass XJer backed out on me at the last second. So im sitting at home now bored off my behind cause I didn't wanna go by myself.

So far... I ordered a tubing bender and a die for a little project I have going on next weekend for Lil Timmy (there will be a thread when it's done). I also went and picked up the first production run of beadlocks and got them shipped off this morning. Then I drove around town stopping at Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, Northern Tool, and sadly, I even went by Harbor Freight getting prices on shop saws and drill presses. Gonna try to get these items plus a plasma this coming week. :spin1:

Was supposed to be going to a concert tonight in Adairsville, GA but some little bitch ass XJer backed out on me at the last second. So im sitting at home now bored off my behind cause I didn't wanna go by myself.

You boyz up in TN seem to be doing a lot of fabrication work....How is the real estate market up there...maybe I should look into it??? Anyone wanna change out some axle seals in a D44 and a D30???:wave:

Had my daughters birthday party at the park in Woodbury. Mark was there and we talked XJ's a little.

I put the tires back on my XJ. Now to drive it and see how it does. Hopefully there won't we any death wobble.

-went to work (on my first Saturday off in a while) and rearranged a bunch of crap that's been needing attention for a while.

-left cover at home and got a couple inches of rain on the floors of the Heep (half doors and rain don't mix)

-answered phone at work and was greeted with "hey, do you know anyone who'd like a free forklift?" Needless to say, I'm apparently the owner of a free Caterpillar propane forklift-- it's good to have friends in low places, I guess. I know NOTHING about propane injection, forklifts, or anything else about this thing, but I really couldn't turn it down. Anyone know enough about this stuff to answer my stupid questions as they arise?

just got the poo rocket back together. had the front end tore down. among other things, replaced ctm bushings for the second time. they get smashed and loose. jack (owner ctm) made some special bushings out of some hi po go fast material. he said if i distort these, he'll make some non-bushing caps. anyway, going to windrock, atomic ridge, next weekend if anyones interested.

killed the front 30 AGAIN. not sure on the carnage but ill be finding out im the morning and yes boys there will be pics

well this is number 2 on the ring gear and i have busted 2 stock axle shafts.

i need to get a 44 under this thing and bad.

Worked 10 hours yesterday and another 5 today. Going back up to the Nextel store in the morning b/c my phone is once again screwing up.

wheeled my stock xj, knocked off both of my sideview mirrors and a rear bumper corner. at least it's easy stuff to fix! tried jameson whiskey, liked it. slept in my new xj, which felt like a friggin hotel room compared to ol' chiefy...

well this is number 2 on the ring gear and i have busted 2 stock axle shafts.

i need to get a 44 under this thing and bad.

whats your plan.... im sure the tennessee fabrication gang can get you fixed up ;) seriously if you got any questions about it dont hesitate to holler i learned a lot when i built my junk

Wheeled Stoney Lonsome in Cullman...lots O Mud...don't think I heard any contact at the rear fenders...maybe I've got enough bumpstop back there now...ate at Big Daddy's BBQ in Warrior...way to much food, and yummy...washed off all the mud...looks like I almost knocked a small strip of metal off my rear JCR bumper...looks like it may be a small welded piece just at the bottom of the side...hard drop off....and I'm pretty sure I'm not leaking gear lube as fast as I poured it in...small puddle in the morning.:yelclap:

Had a date night with Fiona on friday night, had some family events on saturday. Fiona got three boxes of her grand father's records, some really cool original's of Sinatra, Bing, etc, but the best ones....How to strip for your husband volumes 1 and 2 also 3 different how to belly dance for your husband. Also had a 1960's kitchen table and chairs given to us. (Yeah we're into the retro stuff). Went Geocaching with the family. Just picked this up as a blackberry app and it's been a lot of fun. We even found a jeep with over 1700 miles on it. The boys got a kick out of "treasure hunting". Also landed a job to rebuild the motor and some other items on a 75 FJ40.

Back