• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar relocation brackets, home fab

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
I feel kinda stupid by putting this as a new thread, but I am making some brackets to drop my sway bar. I was hoping someone could tell me the pitch and length of the bolts I will need. The only reason I ask is bc it's my only car, and once i get it apart I can't get anywhere. Thanks in advance.
94 xj Country with 3" lift, stock sway bar pins.

Since when does removing a bolt or the entire sway-bar render the vehicle undrivable!I haven't had my disco's hooked up for a couple months,and its my DD!

Last edited:
last wheelin trip i went on, i broke my swaybar link bracket off the axle, i've been driving it every day with no swaybar at all, i'm at almost 6" with 33's and it's fine, as long as you don't drive like a bonehead, it's fine.

cjwalkeriii said:
I feel kinda stupid by putting this as a new thread, but I am making some brackets to drop my sway bar. I was hoping someone could tell me the pitch and length of the bolts I will need. The only reason I ask is bc it's my only car, and once i get it apart I can't get anywhere. Thanks in advance.
94 xj Country with 3" lift, stock sway bar pins.

10 x 1.5 x approx. 30mm long

K

While I beleive you can get along without your sway bar, if your springs are stiffer than stock, and you have good shocks, I personally wouldn't do it for a daily driver, or for any extended driving in traffic. I disonnect mine off-road and notice a distinct loss of control when driving above about 10-15MPH on an easy trail (bouncy dirt "road"). I just don't think it's safe for you, or the people arround you;
Try veering left or right at 30 and hitting the brakes. If I needed to run to my freindly welding shop while in the middle of a fab project, I'd probably do it, but be very aware of your handling limitations with it disconnected.

Back