• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express sway bar disconnects (non-quick)... I think I'm missing some parts?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Yet another snag in the lift install - here are the parts I was given with my RE6025 SuperRide kit for each side of the vehicle (exactly half of the parts):

swaybar_parts.jpg

This is the most sense I can make of them:

swaybar_arrangement.jpg

I was only given two bushing sleeves total (the part to the left of the bracket in the first picture), which makes no sense to me as their web site shows 4 in the sway bar link kit. This means I can only install one in each link, meaning that one end (either the axle side or sway bar side) will be somewhat loose in its connection. The spacers (big bushing looking things) make no sense in the context of this vehicle, as installing them will not only prevent me from being able to install a nut and washer on the axle side, but it'll take things out of alignment.

Did RE screw up my order, or do things look correct?

those are just sway bar links.....not disconnects. Easy to convert though. Just drill the lower mounting stud. Or press out and replace with one you've drilled for a retaining pin.

Oh well, I'm not waiting on them to ship more parts. I went ahead and lubed the bushing sleeves from my old Moog links with a drop of dish soap and pressed them in (they're a tad bigger than the RE sleeves).

Thanks for the tips arctycfox, but I opted for the simplest option I could after the hell I've gone through drilling out the track bar mount (bent 3 bits).

Back