• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR otk steering & track bar ?'s

831_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so who all is running the jcr otk steering?
Like it? Hate it? Why?
Which track bar are you using? Ota mount? Shortened? Custom?

Pics help out post em up!

I'm at 6.5" lift(longarms)w/ zj steering.. A bent track bar and popping tie rod ends. Sway bars have been cut off.

I do not have OTK steering, but hopefully going for WJ/crossover steering. As far as teh trackbar the same principal applies.
When I do go to WJ/crossover steering. I already have a TNT customs OTA mount. I will be running a straight trackbar. May or may not reuse my RE bracket/brace.
I would say, OTA mount of your choice, Frame side trackbar mount of your choice (possibly relocate forward?), And a straight trackbar. I believe Clayton makes a custom straight TB and mount. I believe that JKS makes a shorter trackbar to work with an OTA mount as well.
Also, consider looking at the serious offroad products steering, ruffstuff (if you can weld). Serious is similar setup to JCR, but less expensive.

I have the serious off road steering which is over the knuckle. From what i understand, it is just about the same. My biggest complaint is that once the poly washer wears you get a dead spot. I can drive it like that is just bugs me. I have a clayton track bar shortened IT works well the bump steer is not bad at all. I have teraflex sway bar mounts for the swaybar and they work great other than i welded them before i put the coils in, so the coils rub a bit. I can only say good things about Frank at serious, much faster to ship than JCR so if you are thinking of going that route, i would go serious.

I have a $100 gift card so jcr is my otk of choice. Really want to hear opinions on jcr's setup. I think I will just buy an ota mount. Keep my frame side mount. Install and measure then build my own track bar.

JCR otk steering & track bar ?'s

The jcr and serious are basically identical. They use GM 1 ton joints and some threaded heavy wall tubing. I used the jcr otk track bar mount and it died after one wheeling trip then Jeeper john fixed it right for me

this pic is a few years old and it is still holding strong
IMG_2289.jpg

only thing i dont like about the steering (and this isnt just JCR, but any inverted T) is the dead spot when the poly spacer wears out. they last about 6 months. the tracbar is custom 1.25" DOM with a rubicon express flex joint/mount on the frame side and a poly bushing on the axle. the axle mount is custom and is tied into the upper control arm mount and the coil spring pad.

Here's what I'm doing for my WJ conversion.

Poly Performance bushing at the axle end with the JKS bracket.
PPM-4306

3/4" heim from ruffstuff specialities with 9/16" ss misalignment spacers for the frame side with tubing adapter.

.120 wall 1.25" 4130 chromoly tubing.

The problem I was running into was the axle side bracket is slightly over 1.5" wide, while the RE side bracket is 2" wide. The 3/4" heim with spacers gives me 2" at the frame side, while the poly performance bushing at the axle side will work with the jks track bar bracket.

Serious offers probably the best/cheaper ota track bar set up. I talked to them on te phone was 370 and some change for ota track bar & mounts and their otk 1 ton steering. Wish my $100 gift card to jcr was to them :/

Re: Re: JCR otk steering & track bar ?'s

Serious offers probably the best/cheaper ota track bar set up. I talked to them on te phone was 370 and some change for ota track bar & mounts and their otk 1 ton steering. Wish my $100 gift card to jcr was to them :/

Sell or trade the jcr gift cert?
Link to said track bar?

Back