• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which S-10 leaf pack for bastard pack is the best?

robhurlburt

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing a bastard pack, and the guy i got my leafs off said he can basically get anything i need. I have read on here to use the 4 leaf packs, the 3 leaf packs, the HD packs, etc.

Which one do i actually want for the MOST flex? I currently have a 3 leaf pack, but have no problem returning it.

Any, all, only ones I know of that are different are the ZR2 trucks and the ZQ8 truck, one lifted from factory, one lowered.

Generally i would use as few springs as possible to get your desired lift. If 3 springs gets you where you want to be then go with it!

I had 4 springs for a while (added another XJ main leaf) and the ride was terrible.

That's just me though, someone feel free to correct me...

The "most" flex is sort of the opposite of what the S1o packs give you. A nice, firm ride, yes. The amount of lift you want, yes. Lots of flex? No. At least not compared to a nice set of flexy springs.

The "most" flex is sort of the opposite of what the S1o packs give you. A nice, firm ride, yes. The amount of lift you want, yes. Lots of flex? No. At least not compared to a nice set of flexy springs.

nobody said it was the best of everything.....theres no reason i can't get springs with the most flex. Never did i say it would perform as a good set of flexy springs....

The springs are all the same thickness as far as I know, pretty thick. THe more you add, the stiffer and more lift you get.

The wife's rig is running an XJ main leaf, S10 main and the next S10 one after that. The fourth is the bottom XJ one I believe. 4 inches of lift, very mediocre flex.

Ive got the z85 3 leaf springs out of a 95 s10. im using the xj main, s10 main, xj secondary, s10 3rd. i got 4" of lift with these springs. i then added a set of mj shackles(.5" lift). flex is not too bad but not super amazing but i noticed that my shackles are hitting the buckets so jurys out on that. ride is not to bad its firm but not harsh. all in all the best 50$ spent!

Im using dakota springs in my bastard pack and it rides and flexes awesome. My setup is xj main, dak main, dak 2nd, and my old aal, plus im using an extended shackle. I have just a tad under 5 inches of lift, it rides and flexes just as good if not better then some of my buddies name brand leaf packs. Thier not deavers, but my setup rides better then my friends with rc and re packs. (s10s are very similar to dakotas with regards to thickness and load capacity depending on which springs you choose) OH ya one more thing, each leaf pack does have a different capacity depending on the setup... this site was very very helpul to me wen i did my bastard pack - http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=117&pg=1

25392_1443804614276_1207923467_31322617_7189354_n.jpg

25392_1443805094288_1207923467_31322628_8076355_n.jpg

25392_1443804974285_1207923467_31322626_3386164_n.jpg
41053_1468220348958_1337040390_31272274_2668379_n.jpg

i could use longer shocks but it does fine for now

sorry for pic whoring just trying to show you how my setup works, my leafs were the 3 leaf w/an additional thick overload. i didnt use the 3rd or the overload but later on used my old aal.

seriously tho check out that website cus it actually shows u the load capacity for each style pack that any truck uses out there. def will help you out if your not looking for a stiff ride

Back