• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Output Shaft Seal Still Leaking.....

BronsonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my output shaft seal on my 95. It's lifted 6" and prior to the seal replacement the seal had a slow leak. After I replaced it I put about a 100 miles on the new seal and it is still leaking. Is this due to possible driveshaft vibration and/or play in the output shaft, and would installing an SYE kit possibly remedy the situation?

An SYE kit should remedy the leak and reduce your vibes. It would be a good choice. Just be sure you either get a stock front driveshaft balanced before installing it (if that's what you're going to use) or use a new shaft from someone like Tom Woods.

Are making sure you are installing the seal correctly? If you're not careful the seal will catch the lock ring lip and spit the spring out.

edit: although I'm not sure the 95 has the same output/seal design as the newer ones.

Back