• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax no slip unloading on right turns

notamechanic

NAXJA Forum User
Long time since writing on here and have yet another questions regarding the no slip.

Not that long ago I had one break in my truck, and powertrax/motive took care of me with top notch customer service.

Now I had the new one installed with my new gears professionally in my rear axle.

Has anyone experienced more noise turning in one direction opposed to the other?? This one seems to pop and unload on right turns and is pretty much silent on left turns. Maybe a soft clunk that’s hardly noticeable.

If this is normal then cool happy to run. Will be at my 500 mile break in shortly so I should be able to check it out then when I change my diff fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most right turns as rule have a tighter turning radius than left turns. My PowerTrax No-Slip did not fully break-in with just pavement use, it took a weekend 4x4 event to smooth it out.

It also takes a while to train your right foot how to run the gas pedal so you get the smoothest performance and fewest clunks or bangs. Gentle gas to start off, let off the gas a bit to unlock just as you begin to turn, and baby it around the corner.

Last edited:
Most right turns as rule have a tighter turning radius than left turns. My PowerTrax No-Slip did not fully break-in with just pavement use, it took a weekend 4x4 event to smooth it out. It also takes a while to train your right foot how to run the gas pedal so you get the smoothest performance and fewest clunks or bangs.

Good to know. Maybe just needs to break in fully. Doesn’t do it all the time but most of the time even off the gas it will clunk pretty damn loud. Going wheeling this weekend so hopefully that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to stay off the gas in tight parking lot type turns. gas when straight, coast through the turns. that will keep torque out of the diff and make it much easier for the locker to un-lock. I'm sure a break in ride will smooth things out as well.

Back