• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

IMG_20180711_1875.jpg

Despite being sold as is for cheap I am still going to put these new badges on since they showed up while I still have the Jeep here .

What a swell guy, Make sure they aren't crooked!

Yeah the thing is the "buyer" seems to be taking awhile to produce the cash . I was going to recharge the A/C last week I drove it but decided I'm putting way too much nickle and dime stuff into it plus my time into a vehicle I'm not selling at a price to justify the cost .

Sounds like what I did! Swapped out the exhaust, new o2 sensors, swapped the entire interior, put the suspension back to stock, replaced the wheels and tires, all new door seals, replaced the battery cables and then sold it for what I bought it for. Basically threw away a few grand, I hate Jeeps.

Sounds like what I did! Swapped out the exhaust, new o2 sensors, swapped the entire interior, put the suspension back to stock, replaced the wheels and tires, all new door seals, replaced the battery cables and then sold it for what I bought it for. Basically threw away a few grand, I hate Jeeps.

The real issue is the buyers as you have folks shopping a 20 year old Jeep at $1000 who think they are shopping the lot for $65k new WK. It's constant email questions from tires to mileage...a/c to the radio ...lol...on a $1000 dollar vehicle a reasonable buyer should expect it to have short comings...if not start shopping Ralph Schomp .

Drove the Jeep to work today...it's been doing this cool thing where it intermittently pukes a bunch of oil out of the dipstick tube. It sits a lot now and I think it's got a ring sticking sometimes. Got a few things to try tho. I'll recheck the ccv system and I have some leftover cleaner from doing g 5.3s that you dump in the cylinder and soak for 3 hrs to clean the rings so I might give that a shot. Itd be really nice to get like 1-2 more years out the engine haha

Should have listed the 42s for 2,000 with the allieds ...lol...cause now I gotta bust em off early tomorrow before dropping them off with the buyer. Gotta pull trigger on a set of rubbers ...43sx...42 treps........sticky Jack stands ?

Pulled the rockers put the jeep on stands had to put steel plates under them since the ground is so soft after the rain. I pulled them in the storage lot and decided not to roll them to the garage, so 128 bolts off by hand ...that's the suck... then since I only pulled the rings and left the wheel on for big O to bust off on the table I got to load 165lbs of tire and wheel alone into the pickup bed I recall loading the 44s on wheels but they were not flat and I could easily put the tire against my chest and grab the wheel and lean back and they easily went up ...lol...but these are flat and doing the same thing worked but the tread grabs you like it would a rock and fights you leaning back as it grabs your jeans and shirt and everything else . And I still don't know what tires I'm going to go with ...they gotta be at least 42 and sticky ...and tough , so it pretty much comes down to tsl 43sx sticky or 42 treps...I like them both but am not sure what one really does best , but they both should be awesome tires .

Trigger pulled .I didn't shop the lowest on line price since I needed tires asap to finish the rear , so bought them local... online never charges tax, but 4wp does...ouch... but I've got the cool kid rubber now in size XL...just need a v8 .

I think I recall fitting Two 44 Boggers on wheels in the back of a 97 Cherokee So I think I should be able to fit at least Two 42s in the commander not on wheels ? I will back in town around 0200 Saturday and am thinking I will just grab Two tires with commander and then come back for the other Two with it rather than drive home to get either the Dodge or my small atv trailer for them . I found on line commander trunk dimensions and it looks close to the XJ . Just trying to get the rubber home between Denver to SLC runs so they are ready for wheels on home time .

I think I recall fitting Two 44 Boggers on wheels in the back of a 97 Cherokee So I think I should be able to fit at least Two 42s in the commander not on wheels ? I will back in town around 0200 Saturday and am thinking I will just grab Two tires with commander and then come back for the other Two with it rather than drive home to get either the Dodge or my small atv trailer for them . I found on line commander trunk dimensions and it looks close to the XJ . Just trying to get the rubber home between Denver to SLC runs so they are ready for wheels on home time .

If it is a matter of getting your tires picked up, I'm willing to lend a hand. I could pick them up and hold on to them until you get back into town.

If it is a matter of getting your tires picked up, I'm willing to lend a hand. I could pick them up and hold on to them until you get back into town.

Thanks for the offer , but I should be able to run them home today before heading back out to SLC.

NICE!

It looks like you got some rain..,

NICE!

It looks like you got some rain..,

Yeah it rained ...lol... usually it rains when I'm on the road and by the time I get home it's dry again and the ban is up . This time it rained when I got home so I tarped my welders and covered the generator and tempted Darwin while working with electricity in the rain .I did jump in the Dodge while the brunt of thunder storm hit due to lightning , but I got soaked both days I worked on it .

Just my luck! After replacing the blown radiator in the Hyundai, I discover the engine is leaking compression into the cooling system. I'm done with this car!

My first two requirements for the next car are that it have an automatic transmission, and a back seat that is comfortable for an adult.

Any suggestions?

Back