• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231J for AX5 Kinda an Emergency!

DustyWagoneer

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am on my way back from Ouray, and in Show Low AZ.
My little XJ has a nice hole in my transfercase.

Anyone out this way?
Or do you know of any place that might have an 21 spline NP231???

Thanks Chasdb.

I think I will call a few of those places.

Yesterday I went out and bought some JB Weld putty, got it on there, and then waited to put some dex II into the TC till after it set up.

The putty seams to be holding for now.
I drove it a little bit last night, and no more noise than usual I think? That dogone AX5 makes more noise.
Right now just wondering if I wanna chance it driving across AZ into Commiefornia????

Iffin I go to Gilbert, I would have to get another hotel for the night.
Gotta pray this one out I think.

Is this the same TC as before?

Good luck, hope you make it home OK.

Is this the same TC as before?

Good luck, hope you make it home OK.

No this was another one I picked up.

But stick a fork in the transfer case it is DONE! OK So am I for that matter!!!!
icon_razz.gif

It is 12:26AM the day after my BD, and I just pulled into my drive way.

What a strange trip this has been (HEY! That sounds like a good title for a song?)
Anyway as a friend of mine in Globe, AZ said yesterday, ""Dusty if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all""
Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

As my JB Weld Putty fix lasted most of the day, the 112+ weather made pretty good work of it by Kingman, AZ.
I made it home with two quarts of Dex III/Merc fluid leaking everywhere. The only good thing is now my undercarriage is nice and lubricated for wrenching. No bolt under there will give me grief after all that ATF going everywhere.
I bet ya the rear leaf springs will be a snap (OH CRAP! I SHOULD HAVE NOT SAID SNAP!), to replace?

Speaking of Kingman, AZ. I went in to get a cold drink for Lilly and I (Lilly is my little dog), and my XJ was sitting at the pump. When I came out a nice big ugly motor home had just clipped the front fender of my Jeep. (REALLY? TODAY? WHY?)
Then the passenger of said motor home tried to make it my fault!
Freaking Commifornians.

Well Lilly is happy to be home I can tell, as once we hit HWY.2 she wanted to stick her head out of the window of the jeep. She knew it was going to be cooler up here in Wrightwood.

But now the search for yet another TC. :doh:

Back