• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans line fittings

CrazyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Replacing trans lines need help trying to go to steal braid with AN lines need to know whathe thread size is going into the tranny. tired of dealling with the quick connects. any help apreciated.

I'm working on something similar - and I need to find those drawings.

It's a mildly goofy thread - took me a while using a machine shop to figure out what's going on there. I'm working on a brass adapter that will go into the transmission case, and then I'll have two versions taking a -6 fitting - either a 37* or a 45* (one's JIC and the other is an AN - I don't recall which is which at the moment...)

I'm rather fond of flared fittings - as evidenced by the fact that I usually convert my power steering to a -6 line as well, once I have a decent excuse...

5-90

Found the fittings in jegs the are 14x1.5 oringed with a 6an male I also used 6an female 45 degree fittings with hose ends got 6an steel braid and a TCI cooler it is done and works great.

Back