• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will D30 from TJ fit 2000XJ?

00XJFAN

NAXJA Forum User
Will a D30 from a 4 cyl. TJ fit my 2000 XJ or are they different width's? Since these already have 4.10's in them I thought it would be cost effective to find one.

Also what axles do I need for spares for my 8.25 rear end?

Thanks for the help...

It should fit, but it is a low pinion 30. I have a 2000 cherokee with a low pinion as well. So unless the price is right, you might want to find another one with a high pinion 30.

You need 29-spline shafts for your 8.25". They can come from any 97 and up XJ w/ an 8.25" rear end.

KJ shafts might work as well, but I'm not sure, so do a search before you start looking at donor libbys.

I have a 98 TJ D30 in my 00XJ. It had some nice truss work on it so I dropped it in when I did the gears. The HP would have been better as I keep eating U-Joints with the extreme pinon angles.... Live and learn.. :lecture:

even if TJ knuckles ARE different than XJ knuckles to correct the ackerman for the different wheelbases (which I highly doubt is the case), it's not going to be enough to cause any issues.

FWIW, I've been running a TJ D30 in my XJ for over 3 years now.

Back