• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Was looking at warn winches and noticed the ones i was looking at were made in China... May as well buy the smittybilt since neither are made in the USA.

If you are looking at a VR winch those are completely made in China. Non VR winches have the "big" parts made in Oregon but most of the components are globally sourced. Warn does not have a 100% made in America winch anymore. I think now a days you just need to buy for customer service honestly.

My neighbor approached me the other day about a 12000lb harbor freight winch with quick connects and a hitch basket. All new for 350$. Anyhow I said ide put it on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If you are looking at a VR winch those are completely made in China. Non VR winches have the "big" parts made in Oregon but most of the components are globally sourced. Warn does not have a 100% made in America winch anymore. I think now a days you just need to buy for customer service honestly.

Yeah unfortunately I think you're correct.

M1 bumper weighs just over 300lbs winch weighs 150lbs....total 450lbs now hangs off the nose of the dodge. Stock bumper weighs about 100lbs total the spring rate of the 2500s coils are about 400-450lbs so I'll probably need an extra inch to come out to the 2-3 inches I wanted... going to bend up some tube to make pre runner style hoop to keep deer from coming over the bumper if they're big ...most should just go under or take flight into the ditch. I just got tired of worrying about deer coming back from the trail at night...lol... now I don't have to.

Lol... smittybilt tech " supoort" ...lol ! I had sent them a question regarding the winch size fitment in their dodge ram 2500 m1 bumper because some websites say 15k son some say 16.5 theirs could be found saying 16k andc17.5k . The support staff replied out of left field with only 12k and i asked if they were mixing up the Toyota truck m1 with a full size truck m1 since 12k is what I spotted on one of their lists . They replied it is exactly as they stated only 12k fits without relocating the solenoid box. Well I bought the X20 17.5 and removed the solenoid box prior to hanging the bumper. After drilling the 8 5/8ths holes in my frame for the lower 4 bolts on the frame sleeves I slid that bumper on and realized I wasted my time since the solenoid box fits just fine with no such need for relocation. I'm pretty sure the support staff has full size bumper mixed up with midsize Toyota bumper.

Now it kills me to sand this bumper since I already fully painted it prior to install but I want some tube up just high enough to guarantee a deer can't get past the bumper and I don't think getting behind the bumper in the right places is feasible to make the tube work bolt on so I get to sand weld and fix the new paint . I did drag the truck 15 feet in neutral with the e-brake on I didn't want to drag it with the park pin engaged so dragging rear end e brake on had to do , but the 17.5 even with almost all the cable on the drum will yank that nearly 8000lbs of truck easily. Now that I have deer protection and a way winch if my truck gets stuck pulling the jeep I will probably never hit a deer or get stuck getting to and from the trail.

Not sure why edge couldn't just use a simple fuse tap like what I bought for 5 of for 5$ rather than the tap they use that slips over the fuse leg and beats up the fuse cavity... lol... 5 for 5$ that one damn dollar I guess it's too spendy ?

Put what was supposed to be a cheap 3 inch lift on the dodge to offset the size and weight of the winch bumper. I had bought new control arms as an extra to the 3 inch lift since I've seen the wheels on these lifts sit back to close to the door with stock arms and that looks funny, well after getting the front set up I don't see that effect with this 3 ish lift height, but I do notice the off center of the body over the tires with the stock track bar it's only about an inch but I do notice it so now I got new $300 arms I don't really need and will have to buy the adjustable track bar since I do notice the lateral axle off center with stock track bar . I should have waited to lift it then bought the parts I absoukutely needed to be satisfied because now my cheap $250 leveling kit has blossomed into $1000 and another $200 in billet spacers to get the wheel track a couple inches wider ...lol... should have left it stock because it's officially another money pit a toy pulling a toy .

Insanity theory

Insanity theory

Yeah ...lol... I do know better when it comes to modifying a vehicle it's never as cheap as it appears up front . I did order a very hd drop bracket along with a drop pitman arm . The drop bracket should put my axle back to factory center and the drop arm will get the drag link to match the panhard . My track bar bushings look decent when they go bad I'll put in a nice track bar . Going to order a steering box brace as well they are super cheap for the rams. I still need to install my new carpet the old one got beat up and I'm not a fan of hiding it with mats ...lol... Will replace it when I put my FI 12s under the bench .

I actually took the jeep wheeling the other weekend. Quick trial run up eagle rock. Did good other than need to finish steering assist which I was gonna do......but I bought a dirt bike instead so doing that too. It was pretty point and shoot up there tho. Barely spun a tire on anything. So probably need to do some harder stuff now! Need to figure out a compressor system so I can really put the beadlocks to good use.

I actually took the jeep wheeling the other weekend. Quick trial run up eagle rock. Did good other than need to finish steering assist which I was gonna do......but I bought a dirt bike instead so doing that too. It was pretty point and shoot up there tho. Barely spun a tire on anything. So probably need to do some harder stuff now! Need to figure out a compressor system so I can really put the beadlocks to good use.

I havent touched the jeep since I pit the new Flex plate and exhaust manifold in ...i still need to hit the drive shaft cardabs with a grinder before putting them back in and the belly skid is still off ...lol... never re holy the struts either yet. I could bolt everything back up and fill the struts but ive kinda lost interest at moment to go wheeling . I have though about selling the xj and keeping the ram and building it for street.

Back