• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question for those running a 3" lift

BrianC

NAXJA Forum User
Did you use a transfer case drop? Just trying to figure out what this is going to cost me.

BrianC

Being you have an '87, you "should" be fine. But you can get a TC drop just in case. Those are relitively cheap. 20 bucks or something.

Steve

If you have an 87' I would expect a few diveline vibes but it shouldn't be any thing to worry about. If you want to, you can buy a transfercase drop kit. and that will get rid of anything that you did have. However you should be fine. Have you chosen witch lift your going to buy yet? I recomend one that includes a full rear leaf pack. Add-a-leafs tend to put alot of preasure on the main leaf and end up sagging sooner. atleast that is what i understand. Also it isn't needed but you may want to consider getting a kit that comes with new lower control arms. it will help your rig drive more like it used to when your done. also when your figuring cost make sure that you include new tires. because your rig will look really funny with the small tires on it. I hope all this helps you out in some way.

Jerm S.

I am looking at the Rusty's 3" kit with full spring packs. I already have lager tires. They would definitly rub at full compression thus the lift is in the near future. I think I will go with the T-case drop. It pretty cheap and then I won't have to worry about it. Thanks for the help guys.

BrianC

Back