• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junior Seau R.I.P.

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
One of the greatest chargers in history Is no longer with us. I am super bummed right now. I am also very angry right now. If the reports are true it was a selfish act I know his son and can't imagine the devastation that he's going through right now. There is always an option people there is always someone to talk to. Time to wear my chargers jersey and I hoist a pint. Much love number 55.

I was shocked when I read this. It made me remember that he recently drove his truck off a cliff.... and there was some speculation then that it was a suicide attempt...

Clearly Jr. was a very troubled person.

Very sad.

...and that's coming form a Raider fan.

thanks man,
I was shocked when I read this. It made me remember that he recently drove his truck off a cliff.... and there was some speculation then that it was a suicide attempt...

Clearly Jr. was a very troubled person.

Very sad.

...and that's coming form a Raider fan.

yeah man its a bad day for san diego fans. o side high, then usc, and then a charger. #55. he was great for the sport. great in the community. the 2010 incident? yeah attempt as well. bums me out.

Seems to be a somewhat common occurrence as of late. Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest so his brain could be studied to see what effects were there from all the years of physical play. He was slipping and couldn't take it. Wouldn't be surprised if Seau was a similar case.

That's the problem with the NFL today. We want big hits, hard physical play, and these guys are more than willing to give it to us, but then they pay the price when their brains turn to mush in their 40's and 50's.

yeah there is already suspicion that its the same thing, concussion syndrome if i remember right. still a selfish thing to do.

yeah there is already suspicion that its the same thing, concussion syndrome if i remember right. still a selfish thing to do.
Meh, I can't really pass judgment unless I've felt my own mental faculties slipping away with no sign of return. Not that I am advocating suicide, but wouldn't it be more selfish of others to expect him to deal with all that?

judging by how destroyed his mom was, i dont think it was the best choice. i'm sure she won't be very far behind him unfortunately. i couldnt imagine losing a child.

Sad to see it happen to such a great player. Not so uncommon for it to happen, it really does mess up the ones left behind.

Back