• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice for my cherokee with a blown engine?

4ESTJP

NAXJA Forum User
My cherokee blew it's engine from the rain last week. Water must have messed with the temperature sensor and caused the head to break and then broke a piston. Anyway I am debating to trade it in or try and fix the engine.

I would be disgusted to trade it in-4.5 lift, safari snorkel, warn front bumper and warn winch, CB, and Con-Ferr roof rack. Could I sell it private party, or would it be better to strip it down and sell the pieces? Trade in? Any advise would be appreciated.

i would have to rule out the rain very unlikely that it blew your motor. but how about oil did you have that? anyway i would either buy a motor out of a rearend wreck at the boneyard re-build another block, build/buy a stroker, sell it to me for $100 :)
good luck

if you have the money: swap in a 350 chevy, the 4.0 is great until you start pyling on the bumpers, armor, huge tires, etc. even geared with 33's i wish there was a lot more power there. i guess i drove mine for too long stock with the five speed (blew past many honda civics)

no money option: put a cheap autozone short block in and send your head out for the machine work

Back