• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another Bumper question (Rear)

PCAXJ2000

NAXJA Forum User
Been having a heck of a time finding a rear bumper with tire carrier that would ALLOW me to KEEP my existing class III tow equipment located below the OEM bumper location AND mount a tire on back.
Something that looks good, does not weight 250 pounds (ala Smitty), and allows me to relocate the tire outside onto a swing arm. Short of having one fabricated (I am not against this) does any company make a decent looking bumper that does not extend so low that it blocks the standard hitch? Wanting something that looks better than a slab of rectangular stock.

I am not looking for a Jeep XJ tire carrier. They hang way too low for my use. So thanks ahead of time for that suggestion, lol. I want to avoid anything like the smittybilt XCR because one, its too @#$% heavy by far, and the forward edge hangs way too low even if I was not using my existing hitch. Rock Scoop anyone? All the rest of the units I find that are better quality, all incorporate a hitch and sit lower than I need. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

I want to say the Tomken Machine tire carrier allows you to still use a stock hitch.

Detours USA made a tire carrier that was called the Tail bone, which reused the stock bumper skin. Website is down but I believe he still makes them. Lead time is 6-8 weeks I believe. Reach out to him on FB.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

If Detours agrees to make you a Tail Bone let me know. I've been wanting one for a while. Should have ordered it when I had the chance a yr or 2 ago.

Back