• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear side door armor

srb531

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
does anyone make a 3/16 " steel preformed plate to the side rear doors ? from just below the door handle down would work fine for me. would be nice to cover all the crinkles & dents w/ something strong enough to prevent getting more. i know a metal shop w/ a brake & roller can custom make me a pair, but if some company has them already made up , even better.

i've just seen the rocker guards in diamond plate. think you'll have to have them made

I looked into this a while ago-- general consensus is that you're going to be putting weight on the hinges they were not designed to support-- I actually had found a place that was making thin armor, they discontinued for that reason -- doors become misaligned very quickly.
Probably better off just getting a set of NOS doors, or doors from a junkyard, or tube doors (probably what I'm going to be doing soon).

well i rarely open the rear doors, but maybe aluminum might be the better idea. the stock door skin metal is so thin it dents if you look at it too hard. barely touch a tree & you get a dent, gotta do something to make my two rear doors look better & limit the incoming dents. i know dont scrape trees, but if you really wheeling a jeep you gonna rub a tree sometimes. it just happens.

well i rarely open the rear doors, but maybe aluminum might be the better idea. the stock door skin metal is so thin it dents if you look at it too hard. barely touch a tree & you get a dent, gotta do something to make my two rear doors look better & limit the incoming dents. i know dont scrape trees, but if you really wheeling a jeep you gonna rub a tree sometimes. it just happens.

rear quarter armor with the scrape bars work wonders on that count. won't help in all cases though.

Back