• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler hose

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi...

I am installing tranny cooler and have a question about hose sizing, the pipe I need to hook the hose too it nominally 3/8 inch outside diameter (the stock steel lines, 1990 cherokee) I see 3/8 inch inside diameter hose for sale and 11/32 inch inside diameter hose for sale. which should be picked? do I want the smaller hose so that it is stretched over the pipes or not?

I also will be replacing the stock hoses that are crimped on the steel lines as the hose is damaged, Ill be cutting off the crimp and will install with hose clamls, again, which is the preferred diameter hose for this.

I am sure either size can work, but want to know what is prefered, what the factory would do. stretch the smaller hose or use the exact size hose?

Thanks!

I used 3/8 on my 98 xj double clamped each hose end to

use 3/8. and spend the money and get the hose clamps designed for fuel injection, they are a solid band instead of one's with holes. they grip the hose better and won't cut the hose.

Back