• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official Moab Attendee "Introduce Yourself" po

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
I figured with so many people going, this would be a good idea....

I know quite a few of you, and we've wheeled many times in the past....it'll be good to wheel with you once again with my butt in an XJ....I admit, CJ-6's don't look good in group shots! More of you I "know" from the forum, it will be great to meet you all in person......

At any rate:

my real-life name is BJ McDonald, and I will be trailering out there from Chicago, along with my friend Chewbacca, also a Naxja member....
I'll be driving a blue 88 XJ and Chewy's is white, sitting on 33's.....we expect to arrive sometime Sunday or Monday, but still unsure due to both our work situations...I plan to run the moderate trails to test out all the new mods, I've only driven the jeep 15 miles so far on 30mph roads! After Moab, I'll be hanging around with hopes of burning through 30 or 40 rolls of film over the next four or five days, so my vacation will be "dual hobby"

If there are still sites available, i will see you all at the Slickrock campground.
i will require a coffee fill-up and green chili at the Moab diner each morning if possible, followed by the "growler" fill-up at the Moab brewery after the trail riding ends, so I'll be looking for partners for beer crimes!

see you all in a matter of days, everyone drive safe.

who's next?

Yet another chime from the IL crowd......

I'm Jeff Kalchik (ChiXJeff) and I have an XJ problem. Wait, this ISN'T 12 steps to recover?

I'm tooling out from Chicago's western 'burbs with my girlfriend (assuming she doesn't get called in for an FDA audit.) She's never been wheeling, and is firmly convinced that I'm out of my mind. My XJ is a red 94 2 door with a stick shift, and a little over 5" of lift on 31" MT/Rs. Moderate trails generally.

We're rolling first thing in the AM on Saturday, Oct. 5, arriving in Moab sometime Sunday afternoon. Have to depart no later than early AM on Saturday, Oct. 12.

ChiXJeff

Beez, you should hit the Boulder area on Sun. morning and go wheelin' with me at Left Hand Canyon. There's some fun stuff there for an ill-equipped rig like yours :twisted:

My name is Sean Rose, current VP of our usually wonderful club. I'm trailering my junk out there and I'm bringing the folks with me. This will be my Dad's first experience wheelin' and my Mom's second. I'd stay away from Beez if he's hittin' up the green breakfast, actually I'd just stay away from him altogether and you'll have a much more enlightened Moab experience :roll: I can't wait to see the plethora of ideas/mods done to everyone's junk from last year to this.

Sean

My name is Jesse Rivers, I'm a NAXJA member from San Francisco, CA. I drive a black 2-door, just look for the one that's really scratched up :wink: . I'll be driving out Saturday the 5th and should arrive Sunday sometime. Really looking forward to my first trip to Utah.
I don't know anything about the trails in Moab but I do know that I want to run the harder ones.
I'm always down for a beer or Margarita after a good trail ride!

Jes

I'm Tom Roche, also a NAXJA member. I'm driving down from Ogden, in No. Utah on Monday, so it's not a long drive for me. My best friend Doug is tagging along too...some of you met him last year.

I drive a '92 green machine that has given me many headaches in the past and this year is no different. :cry: I drive the moderate trails and sometimes the easy runs too because I'm wimpy like that. :?

I really look forward to seeing people I know and putting the faces to others I've only met online. I enjoy the camp fire stories and Jeeper fellowship equally as much as the wheeling. BJ, count me in.

Tom

I'm Dave Nay and used to be President of this outfit and now I have no idea whether I am blacklisted or some sort of an honarary lifetime member (I think it must be the latter), because Woody totally dropped the ball on my membership renewal :shock: . So probably I need to send somebody some money.

I have an XJ. It wants 35" MT/R's before Moab. It visited Discount Tire today to window shop and check on pricing. We probably to break in the new shoes on a Colorado trail before Moab.

We won't get in until Friday night due to a major work presentation Friday morning. Anyway, I am scheduled to lead the PSM/Golden Spike run on Saturday. Families are welcome - we'll wheel hard and spend some time out of the Jeep, too. It will be quite groovey.

Nay

Hey - I'm Mike Giannone and will be heading out from the Delaware River Valley at 0300 on Wednesday, Oct 2. After a stop in Denver to see my daughter and pick up NAXJA's German contingent (Hagen), I should be getting to Slickrock CG by mid-afternoon Friday, the 4th.

Been driving cross-country with XJ's since 1990 for camping trips in the Rockies and Utah and decided that I should really find out what I've been doing wrong by hanging out with other Cherokee folks. This will be my third Moab Fallfest and I'm really looking forward to playing again, meeting old friends, and making some new ones.

Once again, "RED" is the fleet representative ('92 5spd 2dr) and, for the first time, will be locked upfront. If last year is any example, my skill level will decrease, yet again, as my equipment gets upgraded. Should leave well enough alone! :roll:

"Growlers". Oh yeah! :shock:

Mike in NJ

I'm Mike Holder and I'm coming from Colorado on Monday morning. I drive a white four door and will probably be coming out with YELLAHEEP and my dad driving his white ZJ.

I was at last years event and had a blast. I'll be running the hard trails except for Thursday when I'm doing the easy run with the family.

Last time I saw Beez he had some hair on his head and a CJ6 (Tellico 2000).
I can't wait to get out there for some awesome wheeling and great fellowship.

Counting the hours,
Crunch

P.S. Does anyone know if Bloose is gonna make it?

Hi, I'm Scott Mac. and I'm not going. Yep you read that right. I'll be missing this years trip due to the fact that Stephanie is now pregnant with our first born child and she'd kick my @ss if it was born while I'm off wheelin' (yes I debated it). I've met most of you guys last year and on previous other trips be it Colorado, Tellico or Attica.

When you guys get back I want to see lots of pics of Beezil with a stone cold scared sh!tless look on his face when he's only 10 degs off camber.
And have a few beers for me at the Brewery.

The three of us will see you guys in Moab in 2003.

Scott "Miss me" Mac.

I'm Richard Gauthier from Bakersfield, CA. My brother and I will be arriving in Moab sometime Wednesday afternoon, and I'll be looking for someone who would like to go run Lower Proving Grounds that afternoon. Hopefully a few of you will get back from your trails early that day. We have a camping site reserved at Slickrock. We'll be heading home Sunday afternoon, and will probably run Moab Rim Sunday morning unless we don't get a chance to run Lower Proving Grounds before then, and then maybe we'll run both. :)

I plan on running Cliffhanger with Mil on Thursday and Rusty Nail/Golden Spike on Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the wackos that I haven't met yet (Beezil), and seeing many of you again that I have met. This will be my third year at the Fall Fling, and I look forward to the visiting as much as I look forward to the wheeling. I also want to see what's left of Sean's junk, and see if he can make it a week without a major breakdown. :roll:

BTW, I'm president of this fine outfit.

Richard G

moab,utah :cry:

hi my name is Scott Inglis,also known as lilwezel. I won't be making the trip this year due to a job loss. i had hopes of being able to recover in time but, it didn't happen.(bummer cause i did have everything in place to go too)

Anyways i have a new 87 peice of junk this year. i 've been working on it and wheeling it all summer getting ready for this. it has 7 inchs and 35's. i 've done some trimming and now just gotta finish closing it in.

I will make it next year for sure,hopefully by then everythign will be back to normal.take care and everyone have safe trips and bring back tons of pics. :cry:

Coming after all

Hello all,

I'm Bob Loose, I'm from the Milwaukee area in WI (Go Packers). This will be my third trip to Moab. I still have not made it up Potato Sallad Hill yet. :x

I wasn't planning to come to Moab this year and did CO instead. My wife and I were planning to go to Maine together to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. She started a new Job 4 weeks ago and didn't want to take time off right away. So I get to go to Moab this year and Maine will be next year (planning on moab again next year too). :D

I hope my ride to and from Moab goes way better than the trip to and from CO!

Really looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Bumed out about a few that can't make it (but totally understand).

I'll be doing some last minute repairs still from the CO trip and should be ready to roll out on Friday the 4th after work. Will get there when I get there.

See ya all soon,
B-loose

I hope I make it, I hope I make it...

Anyways my name is Remi aka Kejtar (or the other way around maybe :) ). In any case, I am hoping to make it to Moab with my 98XJ, but it will depend on my work and my master's program (slim chances though :( ). If I do make it, I will be sitting on ~3.5" with new tires (not sure which yet though).
If I make it, ask me how to make an airtube out of exhaust pipe :idea: for less then $9 in parts (not counting the filter element of course).

If you do make it to Moab, please take pictures, lots of pictures and write a paragraph or two and send it over!!! As most of you have seen, we are trying to make this webpage come alive and offer more content that will attract sponsors to us!!!!! Also if you win a prize in the raffle, I will take no excuses: I expect to hear from you, or you will be suffering curse of the wrench gods :evil:

Kejtar
NAXJA WebEditor
[email protected]

I better make it!

I'm Dan Riggs. This will be my 3rd trip out from Tennessee to Moab, this year. It's a loonnng way from home but well worth it. I intend on arriving Sat. night late so as to get some wheeling in before the organized trail runs begin on Tuesday. My oldest daughter and her husband are driving up from SoCal on Wednesday to wheel with us for a few days also.
I'm driving a double aught ('00) Classic with about 6.5" lift, 32" BFGs, rear ARB on Ford 8.8 (for the discs!), front OxTrax, just put in a Mobi-Welder.
i'll be driving a mixture of trails where ever I think that I can get the best photos for the Friday night slide show (Smile big and get big air!). This is my 3rd time for NAXJA Moab and it will be fun to meet old friends and new ones also. I'm leaving Tennessee one week from tomorrow!!!! Yee haw! :lol: See you there.

Hello all, this is Jason Porter and Kristy Gordon (soon to be Kristy Porter as we just got engaged :D ) from Boise, ID. This will be our 2nd Fall Fling and we are really looking forward to it. We have reserved a cabin at Slickrock CG and will be rolling into town on Oct. 3rd and staying until October 13th. We will be bringing our bikes along too, as I've been biking Moab for close to 10 years now and can't miss Porcupine Rim and Bartlett Wash! Anyhow, our 94 XJ rolls on a 5.5" RE lift and 32" tires. Still open diffs, but we are sporting some new homemade rockrails and a transfer case skid. Look forward to seeing you all and having a great week. JP

I'm Bones (aka: Steve Ward). I'll be arriving on Mon and will be pulling out late Sat eve or Sun early AM. I'm running a white '91 with 6.5" lift and 33" MTR's. I don't mind the Green Chili BB's at the diner but I don't drink so the growlers are out :wink: .

Hopefully I won't have to rebuild the damn engine this year while everyone else is out wheeling.

Bones

[img:966d9b2d5e]http://images.fotki.com/v3/photos/4/42106/114542/lpg4.pg-or.jpg[/img:966d9b2d5e]

[img:966d9b2d5e]http://images.fotki.com/v3/photos/4/42106/139531/GS_GC1-or.jpg[/img:966d9b2d5e]

Hi! I am Jason Arebalos from Montrose CO and my family and I will be arriving in town Wednesday night. This will be our 3rd Fall Fling and 3rd trip to Moab this year. As the winner of the 2000 Bonehead award, I hope not to repeat! :lol:

We are staying at the Slickrock with our Camper towing our 1991 XJ. Look forward to seeing all of you again.

Jason A.
'91 XJ
http://www.geocities.com/jasona33xj/jasonsxj.html

Hey everyone!

My name is Troy Betka and my wife Shari and I live in Littleton Colorado. We will be arriving in Moab Monday late afternoon with Mike "Crunch" Holder and his crew. Hopefully "OneTon" will caravan with us after he tears up Carnage Canyon on Sunday. The more the merrier!
We have a '93 2dr with 7-8" of Heinz 57 lift, 35's, D44 and should be fully locked for the event. We'll be staying at the Moab KOA. If anyone else is staying there, look for the Corvette Yellow "Heep II" and the blue Dodge dually.
Shari will be taking charge of the video camera again this year and we hope to do another NAXJA video this year! (possibly available on DVD as well if we can get our software figured out and working :D )
I'll be leading "Steel Bender" on Tuesday, then running "Metal Masher" Wed, "Cliff Hanger" Thurs, of course the group run on "Hell's Revenge" Fri, and for Saturday I'm leaving that one open. If "Heep II" is still in one piece, I'm gonna go hard-core!!!!
Thursday will be a special day for me. Last year "Cliff Hanger" claimed the rear pinion yoke and twisted the axle tube on my previous rig's D35 along with an expensive electric cooling fan. This year it's my 33rd B-day and I'm gonna beat the "Z turn" on "Cliff Hanger" -- Thursday is MY day!!!!
Can't wait to see Beezil's rig and many of the other mods that have been popping up on this site! Man I gotta learn to weld!!!

See ya there!

well I drive a small white xj, and I like to wash and wax the thing before every trip down the highway, I'm in salt lake and plan on coming down friday the 11th, see you all there :D

is farmer mat making the trip?

well I drive a small white xj, and I like to wash and wax the thing before every trip down the highway, I'm in salt lake and plan on coming down friday the 11th, see you all there :D

is farmer mat making the trip?

Back