• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help w/ cruise control

elprimito

NAXJA Forum User
'91 xj 4.0 auto trans

cruise control has not worked since I bought it a year ago. I noticed two wires not connected in the turn signal (red and blue) I was able to re-connect the red but not the blue one. How can I remove the turn signal to look for this wire? Could this be the problem? What else should I check?
Thanks

I have an 89 and just got thru hooking things up. The cable from the stalk, which has 4 conductors in it, has a funny looking plug on the end of what looks like a black cable. It plugs into your yellow Cruise control box. There's additional wires that go to the brake light switch (wierd switch on the pedal arm at the booster pivot point) plus a vacuum line attached to the switch above that's used for tranny control. Turning on and off and adjusting cruise control spped is controlled by the cable from the stalk. The brake light switch turns off cruise control electrically, and the vacuum line connection on the upper switch releases vacuum when you press the brake to physically release the servo under the hood.

Back