• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rostra Cruise control

Soapy1

NAXJA Forum User
My 2001 XJ sport did not come with factory cruise control. Rostra makes a universal cruise control but they have been hard to find in stock. Redline now has them and I ordered one to install. Has anyone installed one of these and if so how have they worked out for you?

If you jeep didn't come with factory cruise control, all you need to do to add it is to install the cruise control servo, (the hose and plug are already in place) and install the buttons in the steering wheel with the proper clock spring, plus if you grab the parts yourself from the junkyard you're looking at less than half the cost of the Rostra kit and it will work like the factory intended.

sidewaysstarion is right. Installing a factory cruise control set up in an '01 that did not come with it is a piece of cake. Just need to find the parts. Did it to my '00. You will need the switches in the steering wheel from a '99 to '01. Something about ohms making it so '97 and '98 won't work. As far as I know everything else can come from a '97 to '01. You will need a steering wheel puller. You can rent that from an auto parts store. So you will need the switches, clock spring, and short harness out of the steering wheel. Make sure the wheels are straight forward before you remove the steering wheel to get at the clock spring. Do not play with or spin the clock spring around . The actuator will come with the cable for the throttle bottle. The plug for the actuator is already there by the battery. Don't forget to grab the bracket and bolts for the actuator. There will be a T in the vacuum line that you will just hook up the actuator too.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/writeup-installing-cruise-control-your-97-xj-906542/

Back