• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest in running Strawberry during Sierra Fest ?

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Strawberry used to be part of Sierra Fest.

Assuming Strawberry is open again, would anyone be interested in running it Thursday Aug 9th on the way from Tahoe to Hermit ?

It stretches from Highway 50 to highway 88, then drive up 88 to hermit.

So who wants to run strawberry on thurs

if people want to run strawberry thurs on the way to hermit I am down. it will obviously take longer to get to hermit this way but its the easiest trail we will run.

I need to triple check that it is open. The rangers told me last year it was opening summer 2018 or late summer 2017

Just called the ranger station. Its still closed. This is going on like 7 years . They said people are still driving around the gate and messing it up which is not cool. They told me each summer for the last two years it was opening the next summer. Oh well, hopefully next year

The only trail I know of is the Red Lake entrance to the back side of Blue Lakes (passes by Lost Lakes). It is a short, super scenic trail that can lead you to the north end of the Deer Valley Trail. This is the way to go if you wanted to wheel Deer Valley down to camp.

The only trail I know of is the Red Lake entrance to the back side of Blue Lakes (passes by Lost Lakes). It is a short, super scenic trail that can lead you to the north end of the Deer Valley Trail. This is the way to go if you wanted to wheel Deer Valley down to camp.

I'd be down for this.

Back