• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to get less lift out of a leaf pack?

TwistedcaB

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i have the Rustys 4.5 W/ full packs and as it sits now the rear is at about 6.5 and the front 4.5 and i would like the to get the rear back down level or even a little lower. and also no i dont want to lift the front more haha. but is there anyway like removing leafs or replacing them with some out of the stock pack?

or if not anyone want to trade my leafs for a set of 3.5" packs? thanks,

Dan

sorry to say it man but it's gonna be guesswork - nobody here is going to have precise info for you, just try losing some leaves and measuring.
Also - the leaves may settle to a lower height.
Or - try jumping your rig to make the rear sag a little :)

get a heavier rear bumper with tire carrier, gas tank skid, and put a bunch of tools in the back ;)

that's what i was thinking. especially if it's been on for a year+

Did you just install the lift? The leaves need time to settle if so, give it a chance.

Or just add a spacer up front. I'd rather go bigger than smaller myself, you'll want to go bigger eventually anyway. Ask me how I know.

I'll trade you my 3" leafs with 1.5" shackles for your leafs.

:)
~Scott

also which bolts do i loosen and re tighten. all of em?

Upper shackle, lower shackle/rear leaf, and front leaf. Bounce the back end a few times, then tighten them down again. Also you can drive around for a year on new packs, but if you never have weight or haven't wheeled on them to flex them, they'll never break in. :)

Still today curious of a avenue , no clue how to post a pic

Back