• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Total newbie heim joint questions.

Abarstatis

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all!

Just recently joined the xj club. I have a 2001 xj that has quite a bit of work done to it. For about a week now it's been making a single pop going around right hand corners. It does have a 3.5 inch lift and a cavfab steering set up, and I think I've narrowed down the pop to the passenger side and pitman arm heim joints. There is no lateral movement in the joints, but they do move about a quarter inch up an down. They are both also at angles, which I think is clocking?

Anyways, here is my question. Does this mean I need to swap out the heim joints? Or do they just need adjusted, greased, or is this normal? Can some one give me a quick and dirty heim joint education?

Thanks in advance!

Anna

I know that the most important thing is joint quality, most kits use cheap chinese joints and you should replace them with a quality joint. Is this a trail rig only?

Back