• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB drivers rear door latch mechanism

rockclimber

Associate
NAXJA Member
Killed mine wheeling, if anyone has one they'd like to sell I would gladly appreciate.

I really don't know what they cost, I haven't started searching at junkyards or even called the dealer.

also, does anyone know if there is a difference between the front door and rear door?

thanks.

year? power lock or not? if it's a late model the actuator is built into the latch mechanism if it's a power lock.

Hey i got manual and power doors out here. 96 and down. Let me know if this helps you or not. You know i am in Palm Springs, so it is a drive.The part is free if you come an remove it.

year? power lock or not? if it's a late model the actuator is built into the latch mechanism if it's a power lock.

its a 99. power locks.

sorry, thought I put that.

deliver to goatfest?

if you'll bring it back for me :D

Hey i got manual and power doors out here. 96 and down. Let me know if this helps you or not. You know i am in Palm Springs, so it is a drive.The part is free if you come an remove it.

I *think* it has to be 97 and up, but I am not sure, Grimm or someone who knows more than I do can confirm.

thanks scott. you should've been there when I smashed it. same place I got stuck last year...made it this time though. :lickout:

yes it has to be a late model and it has to be from a rig that had power locks. i don't think the front and rear are the same but i can't confirm that.

how did you smash the latch? or are you talking about the handle assembly?

yes it has to be a late model and it has to be from a rig that had power locks. i don't think the front and rear are the same but i can't confirm that.

how did you smash the latch? or are you talking about the handle assembly?

this is how I smashed the latch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kozb1kAiv4g

this is what it looks like now

the handle is cracked, but still fully functional. the door is bent, but I can easily pop that back out pretty straight.

the problem is the latch mechanism is stuck locked somehow. I couldn't get the door to shut after that line so we unbolted the latch mechanism from the door and threw it in the back, I pulled the door panel off and used a ratchet strap to keep the door shut.

I *might* be able to fix the latch, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Back