• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stoker newbie

Curious? How is it you know nothing about a motor that you paid for? If it was mine I would want to know every item that makes up the entire build including all the measurements!

Curious? How is it you know nothing about a motor that you paid for? If it was mine I would want to know every item that makes up the entire build including all the measurements!
Well its been a long project. The guy has been working with me financially. He has told me everything before i just have forgot most of it. When I pick it up I will have a build sheet for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I see where the builder used ARP head bolts but didn't do ARP main studs/bolts?

It's your pic and those are not ARP......
85da1f65121ecbf131ce995ae82b455c.jpg

I keep forgetting to ask, what kind of hp/tq numbers were you shooting for?

Those rockers might be from 505?

I keep forgetting to ask, what kind of hp/tq numbers were you shooting for?

i talked to my engine builder today and you are correct those are not ARPs but it is an older picture before he had replaced them. as far as hp/tq numbers i would like to see 300hp and 350 torque but i know more realistically its gonna be like 280-290 and 325. they are 505 rockers as well

Did you find out about the cam? What ratio are the rockers?

Did you find out about the cam? What ratio are the rockers?
I saw the spec sheet but I didn't look closely at it. He's giving me a copy of everything when I pick up the engine. And I didn't ask, I'm not an engine builder or all that savvy on it...tried once and worked like $hit. Ill ask when I see him again this week

While you have good access to your exhaust I would get a additional bung welded in for a AFR meter.

While you have good access to your exhaust I would get a additional bung welded in for a AFR meter.
I've been running my stroker since 2000. There is no way I would trust a stroker without an AFR gauge. I have seen too many crater while trying to figure out the fuel/air mixture. The computer (Renix) only has a small window for automatically adjusting the mixture, so getting the pressure/injector size dialed in is critical. I built mine before AFR's were affordable, so I did a ton of plug checks and dyno runs trying to figure out the correct combo. I have 250k on my stroker and it is still running strong. It is cheap insurance.

I've been running my stroker since 2000. There is no way I would trust a stroker without an AFR gauge. I have seen too many crater while trying to figure out the fuel/air mixture. The computer (Renix) only has a small window for automatically adjusting the mixture, so getting the pressure/injector size dialed in is critical. I built mine before AFR's were affordable, so I did a ton of plug checks and dyno runs trying to figure out the correct combo. I have 250k on my stroker and it is still running strong. It is cheap insurance.
I already have an adjustable fpr and plan on making the deal for the map sensor as well. When the time comes to start it, it will be on a dyno with someone there to tune it and show me any adjustments I'd need to make along the way.

Back