• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 Sensor Heater Wiring - Major Issues

Miller88

NAXJA Forum User
Simple job turned into a major one.

I now have Oxygen Sensor Heater codes for B1S1, B1S2.

Over the weekend I replaced the B2S2 oxygen sensor. Because of the stupid design where the sensor literally touches the bell housing, the wires broke on the OE sensor and shorted together - I always had 1.0V on B2S2. Replaced it.

I used the clip that came with the new NTK (OEM) sensor. I had my reservations, but figured it would be better than the brittle 16 year old clip.

Unfortunately, that turned bad. Was driving yesterday and the Jeep just started running extremely poorly. Oxygen sensors were all at 0V then would go on and off to what they should be on and off.

The sensor wires ended up catching the zerk on the driveshaft when the clip broke and wrapped the wire around the driveshaft. That shorted all the wires together and also appears to have ripped the harness apart. The connector held but it tugged down on the harness good and ripped it.

Does anyone know where the wires for the B1 sensors run? I'm not sure how to proceed.

I checked the fuse box and I don't see a specific oxygen sensor heater fuse. My guess is the whole harness has to be replaced because there's a ripped wire somewhere.

2000 Cherokee.

Had a few ripped wires that were shorted together. Had to play a bit of patch and splice last night. Along with replacing the fuses and relays.

Protip: Make sure your bank 2 sensor 2 wire doesn't end up in your driveshaft.

B1S1/B1S2 - bank 1 sensor 1, bank 2 sensor 2 ... It's a 2000 so it has 4 sensors.

Back