• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 2000 White Upcountry Build

01yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ 4.0, auto, 4x4, D30, D35 ABS Limited Slip.

Bought with 217K miles, and was told the head was cracked. Took the motor out of my wrecked 2001 XJ with 100,338 miles and dropped it into the 2000.

So now the build begins with most of all the parts I have in the garage:

3" total lift front - 2" rear (will be changing soon)
OME shocks
16" Rubicon Rims with 265's BFG's
Olympic Top hat roof rack

Soon to come:
Front winch bumper (in garage)
Rear Custom bumper (in garage)
Warn 8K winch (in garage)
SYE (in garage)
4:10 gears

What it looks like right now by the pond

photo(46).jpg

Last edited:
Now my plans are to take off all the door trim and go two tone

photo(45) 1.jpg xjtrailblazer4 1.jpg

2000 XJ 4.0, auto, 4x4, D30, D35 ABS Limited Slip.

Bought with 217K miles, and was told the head was cracked. Took the motor out of my wrecked 2001 XJ with 100,338 miles and dropped it into the 2000.

So now the build begins with most of all the parts I have in the garage:

3" total lift front - 2" rear (will be changing soon)
OME shocks
16" Rubicon Rims with 265's BFG's
Olympic Top hat roof rack

Soon to come:
Front winch bumper (in garage)
Rear Custom bumper (in garage)
Warn 8K winch (in garage)
SYE (in garage)
4:10 gears I Hope you plan on getting and 8.8 with 4.10s from JY

What it looks like right now by the pond

And what arrived at my house a few days ago after a long wait from overseas......

OME 3" HD front
OME 2.5 HD rear

Already have the OME shocks on with the budget 2" lift

Now just need to get time to put it on, as well as my front and rear steel bumpers and winch, then throw the rubicons back on with the 265's

photo(4).jpg

Ok all the OME parts are on and with the OME shocks this thing rides soooooo nice. Still need to block the rear a 1/2 - 1" once everything settles.
Front passenger side is 1/2" higher than the driver side.
Front right now sits 1-1.5 higher than the rear.

Also have a drive line noise and not sure if I need a t-case drop or to shim the rear axle. I dont care or really want to install a sye if I can get around it.

Last edited:
There was a guy on here from Tn that had a a chopped xj with the copperhead color on it. Use to come to the crawl when it was at tellico. Was an awesome looking rig. GL!

ok guys and gals

just to update, i ripped all my new OME lift stuff off and have gone to a 6.5" lift. I have my front and rear bumpers on now. Have to swap out brake lines, install my sye, and put on the sliders and she will be back on the road. Been a long time and only been able to do a little here and there but its almost done if this cold weather holds off.

Sye is in and drive shaft connected. Rear longer brake line installed and its back operational. Need to mount sliders then take off and have them bedlined. Plans are to swap in a D30 HP and a Ford 8.8 (4.10's) soon.

You can post facebook images here.

Right click the picture and Save Image URL, click the yellow block with the mountain on it in the tool bar and paste the link. Click OK.

993494_690782587609243_31745331_n.jpg

6.5" Lift, 265/75/16 Bfg's on TJ rubicon rims, factory 3:55 gears.
Need to mount my JCR sliders then take off and have them bed lined. Plans are to swap in a D30 HP and a Ford 8.8 with 4.10 gears, then buy black rims and run 33" tires. So close but yet so far away from being done.
993494_690782587609243_31745331_n.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with remaynard with everything he said. Clean and simple and I'm not a fan of black wheels.

I love the rubicon rim and how it looks but once the ford 8.8 is in (sets in 5/8th of an inch) and I run 33's I feel the rubicons might be too close to the leaf springs. So if I go aftermarket and a different off set I figured black rock rims and in a soft 8 style.

Sup ED, been a while. This one is coming along as nice as my old silver one I had the roof rack on I bought from you. Good thing is Im doing all the work so dont have all the cost in this build.
Chad

I would just run spacers on the rear axle since you'd run different back space front and rear to get a ''correct'' look. But even in the end you'd most likely end up with more lip in the rear. Spacers are the cheapest/easiest solution!

Back