• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little 2.5L confusion

Mr_Random

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1986 2.5 with the np207, planning to upgrade to MPI, and am just trying to iron out some concerns.

Will the t-stat housing have to be changed?

Is a VSS or whatever from a 231 swappable to the 207?

What will have to be done with the P/S Pump?

I'm having problems with the TPS and Idle Stepper motor (as in the ISM isn't even connected), am missing a exhaust manifold bolt, need a new P/s pump, etc, and think it'll be more cost effective to just upgrade rather than replace the old parts.

heck, if the engine dies (due to management problems, the engine is younger than the tach suggests, due to being towed all it's life), and push comes to shove, my dad will get in on it and we'll try to get everything done quick.

I'm looking at a 93 YJ to swap from, there are a couple being parted out on JF, but NONE in the Junkyards around here, so I can't visually see what needs to be done, just makes everything a little harder...

thanks,

-random

Oh, also planning electric fan conversion, it's as good a time as any!

Oh, and just for weirdness, the PO swapped an ax-5 for the original T-5... at least it now has an external slave...

Last edited:
Back