• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0112, 2000 Classic. This is driving me nuts

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have replaced the IAT, I cant find any vacuum leaks. The Jeep runs great. I can reset the code and it will come back on within a day or so.

Any ideas????

Checked for wiring and connector issues ?

P0112 Jeep - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Low

Possible causes

- Faulty Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor
- Dirty air filter
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor wire harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Last edited:
Genuine Jeep IAT sensor or some crappy Chinese "Lifetime Warranty" junk ?

Tried three sensors. Same result. Cheap Chinese junk or not one out if three should be close. Any other suggestions

Yeah, stop throwing parts at it and do some actual diagnosis. Turn the ignition key on, check for 5.0 volts on the sensor supply side, check that first. Sensor return side is normally from 1 to 4 volts with the sensor connected. Next, disconnect the battery, disconnect the sensor and the pcm connectors, check the sensor return wire for a short to ground with an ohm meter. If that checks out ok with no short to ground, put everything back together. Next step is figure out when does the code set? Immediately or after driving. How are the engine mounts? An engine with bad mounts moves and causes wiring problems. Circuit low faults are generally a short to ground between the sensor and computer on the signal return side. Inspect the wire harness from the sensor all the way to the computer. Look at the sensor and note the colors of the wires, start opening up the harness sheathing and follow the wires. If necessary, run new wires from the pcm to the sensor and see if the code resets.

Bryan, all due respect I normally dont just throw parts at a issue. This is my moms XJ and it rarely sits still long enough for me to really do some diagnosing. Not to mention its friggin cold here in VA right now.

I will get her to drop it off long enough for me to track down the wiring and see what I can find

Bryan, all due respect I normally dont just throw parts at a issue. This is my moms XJ and it rarely sits still long enough for me to really do some diagnosing. Not to mention its friggin cold here in VA right now.

I will get her to drop it off long enough for me to track down the wiring and see what I can find

Haha, sorry if that come off in a bad way. I should have used a smiley somewhere. Anyway, at least it won't leave your Mom stranded anywhere.

Back