• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recap of today:

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
So a friend and I wanted to do a little wheelin' today. This is going to be the recap of the day: We started at about 4:30PM AST and had fun on a couple of weak trails seeing as how I have a 90' XJ with 2" blocks and 31's and he has a stock TJ. We went down some trails with good mud, water, a little bit of flex. Mostly it was just fun in the sloppy stuff. We then choose to go down to the end of a road about 10 miles long and find some fun. We got down to it, he thought we could make it so we went about .5 mile into the trail until we came to some ruts about 8" deep. I didn't think it was a good idea since it is tundra and you never know with that stuff. He decided to go on ahead through a water hole about 2' deep. For some reason I followed, I watched as he drove down the water/ruts/mud and sank into a hole. I then choose to stop and try to get him to, no luck.

We then decided to drive out and get a friend with a Ford F350 Crew Cab Long bed with an 8" lift and 37's. He had no problem getting out there and getting into a good pull spot. But being the big truck guy he was wanted to get out in the muck in his 7000lb truck and try to pull. Which then proceeded to sink. I was the only prepared one with food, water and warm clothes. I also brought along a hi-lift and a shovel, we tried to dig use 4x4's under the wheels to no luck. The Cherokee almost stock was the only vehicle to make it through the muck and drive everybody out safely. So the final score for the day is: XJ - 1, TJ - 0, F-350 - 0. They still sit there tonight and I have to get ahold of some club buddies and try to rally up a recovery party. We are now finished for the day at 8:45PM AST seeing as how there is no light.

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot.

Tyler

:peace: Please don't flame me, some people just don't listen to my advice.:peace:

lol i cant beleive this, i went through the trouble of posting this and "vanity plates" is getting more views than me, i hate you all lol

The bigger they are the faster they sink.... I've been accused of being a coward but I still have my original alternator with over 320,000mi on it vs several friends who carry a spare alternator when they go out. Thought it was still light for like 18 hours or so up there this time of year.
As for vanity plates, I've been turned down for 20 or so that I wanted..... :D

lol, the 24hours of daylight is gone now we have about 10 but we lose 6min a day so it gets dark fast around here. soon we have 24 of cold dark hell:(

This is the TJ that was stuck.
Picture115.jpg

Got them both unstuck today in about 2 hours, TJ was the worse of the two time wise actually. Took 2 anchors and the red TJ to get him out. The F-350 popped out quick with a snatchblock and 1 anchor.

Back