• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quad cities Iowa

xjandhummerOwner

NAXJA Forum User
Hey anyone Know of any good wheeling around HERE? they closed Solan to trucks the mud hole on the river is close to beeing over with Is there any cool farmers out there or wooded trails to run close to this area NAXJA

xjandhummerOwner said:
Hey anyone Know of any good wheeling around HERE? they closed Solan to trucks the mud hole on the river is close to beeing over with Is there any cool farmers out there or wooded trails to run close to this area NAXJA
Still nobody from my area? in the midwest chapter? or close? i just wanta wheel with somebody:speepin:

I don't think any one wants to hang out with a hummer owner.

Just joking.

My grandmother lives in the quadcites.

xjandhummerOwner said:
Still nobody from my area? in the midwest chapter? or close? i just wanta wheel with somebody:speepin:
I'd say, "Come on down.", but my steering is a shambles, so I'm done, 'til I can afford to redo it all.
Man, that was a lot of punctuation.....

I live in Moline, nice to see there are some more XJ'ers around here. I usually go with a group of SWB rigs on a plot private land. I'm usually at DK 4 Wheel during the week, stop on by.

my mom owns a house in moline.

cheers,

jj

MXJ said:
I live in Moline, nice to see there are some more XJ'ers around here. I usually go with a group of SWB rigs on a plot private land. I'm usually at DK 4 Wheel during the week, stop on by.
Born and raised in Bettendorf and my wife is from Moline. :)

I've been by "DK 4 Wheel Drive" a few times when I'm home. Haven't been in a while though.. Is he still located on 23rd ave (it's a new name now, right?) across from Bucky's? Never really saw too many built rigs in his shop but some REALLY nice restored stuff.

Years ago when I lived back there, we used to wheel out near McCausland on the Wapsi' river.. There was an old farmer that used to let us wheel around in his woods. All the way back was a beach on the river that we'd hang out on... wow, haven't thought about that place in a long time..

Yup he's still located on 23rd (now Avenue of the Cities) hes across from Govenors and the YMCA driving range. He's still got some retoration projects going, like his 65' CJ-5 and Willys truck. Next time you're in town stop on by.

xjandhummerOwner said:
But Hey still The Q"s ask was anyone got any good wheeling spots around here

It's not illegal. We have the land owners EXPLICIT permission to be on his land. And as long as we do not fill the road with mud while leaving we can go there when ever we like. It is perfectly legal.

im from east moline, and its my first spring having the xj done and im hoping to do a lot of wheeling if me and my buddies can find another good spot, cuz it looks like theres going to be some sloppy trails come spring. so if you hear of any good spots around the area it would be helpful.

Back