• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

red dog/green horn

when u going might want to go and test out my rig.

stoney

k well its not set in stone but the plan is to get there around 3 or so on fri and probably just hang out camp and stuff then sat wheel and then head out around 5........... i will let you know for sure later in the week so if you want to come wheel on sat that would be cool......

cherokee Wheeler10 said:
is there anywhere to camp out at green horn???? i am thinking about going out there this week and camping and wheeling...... Is there anywhere better That is close.... and not in snow....

Yes, as far as I know camping is legal in/around greenhorn. You shouldn't be bothered by camping down there, hell, all the weirdo's in their vans never get hassled :laugh3:

With that said, greenhorn can be an interesting place when the sun goes down. Don't let this deter you, but just a warning... Last year some guy got his tent shot up while he was in it camping down there. Watch out for the drunks (thats likely to be everyone on a friday night). Dont break your junk out there and leave it over night... cuz it will probably get pushed over and torched. I realize that doesnt sound like the ideal spot to go, however law enforcement has greatly stepped up the patrols down there and most of the idiots have gone away.

Just find yourself a nice flat spot by the river bed and enjoy!

-jm

I figured id post here, not worth starting a new thread over. I've been down to the river at greenhorn a few times in yeares past, during winter fun fest. I was wondering if i may be pointed in the diections of some of the good trails out of there, or if its just a matter of exploring out from the river? Might be going down there in a few saturdays.

I was thinkning about going out there next saturday, if my buddy's up to it, but i dont know how crazy its going to be out there memorial day weekend. It'll be interesting to see how high the creeks gonna be, with all the rain on top of the snow, then 80 weather.

BrettM said:
it's hard to explain where some of the better trails are... but just explore around and you'll find some. If you take the road heading south from the river, there are several good ones on the left, good enough to flop Htek's stocker :D

I think i know the ones your talking aboit...but on the right for me, i've always come in from the 174 side, Off you bet road. Guess i'll just get out and explore.

hillbilly_jeeper said:
I was thinkning about going out there next saturday, if my buddy's up to it, but i dont know how crazy its going to be out there memorial day weekend. It'll be interesting to see how high the creeks gonna be, with all the rain on top of the snow, then 80 weather.

It wont be bad. More dirtbikers than anything else. The river will definatly be high... just choose carefully where you cross and you have any problems. I would join you, but I will be in pismo that weekend.

The best thing about greenhorn is that you cant really get lost. If you find an interesting trail, just take it... drive long enough and you will hit Hwy 20, 174, or Red Dog rd. Some of the better trails out there are within 500 yards of the creek bed coming from You Bet rd. When coming down You Bet, just look for trails to the right... those are pretty much the best you will find. Great challenge for a stocker... not much of any challenge for anything else - but fun nonetheless.

-jm

Back