• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 issue

XJBeater

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished up an s10 bastard lift in the rear using just the 2 middle leafs and also put in some ford springs in the front. I also dropped the transfer case an inch. The problem I have is that I have 4lo, fulltime, but when put into 4 lo it will not engage. I can hear the transfer case grinding like it is half engaged. It all worked fine before the lift. Do I need to lower the case more? I figured that an inch for 3 inches of lift would be fine.

When you lowered your transfer case my guess would be that it screwed up your linkage and its either a) to short now or b) out of alignment and its not letting the tc engauge fully.

:dunno:

XJBeater said:
I just finished up an s10 bastard lift in the rear using just the 2 middle leafs and also put in some ford springs in the front. I also dropped the transfer case an inch. The problem I have is that I have 4lo, fulltime, but when put into 4 lo it will not engage. I can hear the transfer case grinding like it is half engaged. It all worked fine before the lift. Do I need to lower the case more? I figured that an inch for 3 inches of lift would be fine.

there is an adjuster on the shift rod underneath the body where the lever pokes through, loosen that, lock the handle in 4-lo, then manually lock the t-case in 4-lo and tighten up the adjuster and then make sure it all works

Back