• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3/30/19 Hope it's spring ride

Tentatively works for me, I think.

Assuming everything goes together on the Jeep i should be good for than(for sat i assume)

AOAA sounds good to me - been wanting to get back there since the "Trail of Tears" run last winter.

Please keep updates going here for those backwards folks like myself who don't do FB...

AOAA is a fine idea. Make it so. That said, the first week of May might not include me because of certain obligations, but don't not set a date on my account, that particular weekend just might present a conflict for me.
Hopefully some more people express interest.
Rich.

Are there mild trails there? I don't think I'll have mine ready but who knows. She's stock right now.

That's Anthracite in Coal Township right? That's only 3 hours away from me.

Well, the battery load-tested fine, but I discovered some death wobble on the way back from getting that done. Good thing I ended up not trying to drive it out into PA this weekend.

It's going back to the guy that did the alternator so he can go over the front end for loose stuff, and check the alignment (hasn't been done since the last suspension change, and the steering wheel's a bit off-center).

So, the report from the shop was that everything under there was tight except the steering stabilizer - in that case, one bushing completely gone and the eye was just rattling around on the stud, besides being completely worn out. He replaced that, aligned it, and recentered the steering wheel. Got it back and took it out on the same roads where I got the wobble the week before; this time no wobble, much to my relief.

So, the report from the shop was that everything under there was tight except the steering stabilizer - in that case, one bushing completely gone and the eye was just rattling around on the stud, besides being completely worn out. He replaced that, aligned it, and recentered the steering wheel. Got it back and took it out on the same roads where I got the wobble the week before; this time no wobble, much to my relief.

That seems a bit strange. The steering stabilizer could be removed entirely, and shouldn't affect death wobble, except to mask some other weak part. Not wanting to start a steering stabilizer/no stabilizer argument, but is seems that unless death wobble was starting, the stabilizer wouldn't be in play at all.

David Bricker / SYR

I've heard that and don't disagree with the basic reasoning, but then I think the main problem in my case was the alignment - I had the front axle competely out of the truck about 18 months ago to have the coil/shock mounts totally replaced, as well as switching to an IRO double-shear trackbar, and stupidly didn't have it realigned afterward. It drove fine right up until the ride home from NACFest last summer, which is when this started.

I think in my case the bit of wobble I got was just what allowed us to discover that my stabilizer was shot (both blown damping and missing bushing).

Right now things are looking good for me making that date.

I SHOULD be able to make it, not set in stone....need to find a cheap set of tires and thats not working out

What exactly are you looking for?

Yeah, that's definitely not something I can help with personally. All I can think of to suggest is the NAC Classifieds or Craigslist...

Bump... Still waiting for Eric to propose alternate date.

I doubt ill be out till than either. But jeep back is on its own weight, steering is together, just need driveshafts and rear brake lines.

59244030_10213555054338333_1346990559654313984_n.jpg

Back