• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front Driveshaft Lengths...

kee

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a chart or a website out there somewhere that has the different lengths of factory XJ driveshafts with the different drivetrain configurations over the years?

I'm looking for a driveshaft to throw in my YJ. It has a D44 front axle and a NP231 from a '92 Blazer. Sitting at normal height it has a measurement of 34" from u-joint cap to u-joint cap. I don't mind shortening a driveshaft if I can find one that is longer than I need, but I would rather not lengthen one if I don't have to.

I found that a '97 XJ driveshaft from a 4.0/AW4 was 32" fully extended from U-joint center to center.

Well, back to the garage. I got a cooling fan to install in the YJ today and my new rear bumper brackets for the XJ. I also need to get under the hood of the XJ and figure out what pulley is screaming at me before something locks up....

Thanks,

Jeremy
http://www.iowa4wd.com/

my shaft from a 92 XJ with an ax-15 and a 231 (4.0L) measures 29.5" compressed to 32.5" extended ujoint center to ujoint center...

Back