• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

c4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier

f1tbiker6

NAXJA Forum User
well im looking for opinions on this rear bumper set up, i did a search and everything was out-dated. basicly is the bumper worth it for the price and is there any known problems?

well im looking for opinions on this rear bumper set up, i did a search and everything was out-dated. basicly is the bumper worth it for the price and is there any known problems?

I have the bumper for 97+ and it has been an awesome bumper!! I do not have the tire carrier, so I cannot comment on that. I am selling it though as I have cut and folded my quarters and am having a new bumper built. I would say it is well worth the money spent!!

I love mine. I've got the 97 up with carrier and built in hitch.

lowbackjeep.jpg

PIC_0031.jpg

awesome thanks for the replies. i like the position of the tire on this bumper, and how close it is to the body. alot of other have the tire so far away and it looks silly.

I have bumper and carrier. i had to take the carrier off because it was making the bumper rip itself off my jeep. the bumper mounts to the stock 8 bolt locations and has some goofy little bracket that is supposed to help hold it up from the nut strips :doh:. when i get the time I will be making my own mounts. not terribly impressed thus far.

I have the Bumper minus the Tire Carrier plus a Hitch. The Bumper I have is securely mounted to the 8 stock bumper mounting holes. However, since I have the hitch, it is also tied into the rear frame. I suggest getting the the bumper with a hitch. Otherwise, it will be weak attaching only to the the stock 8 holes.

awesome thanks for the replies. i like the position of the tire on this bumper, and how close it is to the body. alot of other have the tire so far away and it looks silly.

agreed i personally have a warn bumper.(no im not a fool who spent 1200 on it) got mine used from a neighbor basically brand new for 400.. but ya it hangs out a few inches farther than what id like it to

I have the spare carrier but no hitch and it's still supper strong. Just got ta put it on right :p. I've had mine for just about 6 years and it hasn't gotten sloppy at all! And it has always had a 33" spare on it and a hi lift jack too. Super sturdy bumper. Someone backed into it a while back and all i did was scrape their paint off it with my finger nail. :) Also the spare sits perfect on it too, not like some others i've seen that stick out all funny. Plus you don't sacrifice departure angle at all. Just got back from moab and it only hit twice, just kissed the rock a bit. only when you're dropping off big ledges will you hit it. really steep stuff doesn't even phase this bumper.... I like when people put up pictures so i feel inclined to do as well.

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

100_1583-Copy.jpg

I have the bumper + tire carrier + D-rings + (modified) hi-lift mount and I'm very happy with it to date.

The main reasons I went with C4x4 were:
1) i liked how closely the overall style and shape matched the body lines and OEM bumper;
2) I like the position of the spare mostly centred and angled a bit;
3) the cost - every other bumper that I liked (such as Hanson's) was SUPER pricey.

If it were up to me there'd only be a couple of things I'd change in the design:
1) tire is slightly offset to driver's side to accomodate 35" spare - since I'm unlikely to ever go to that big a tire I'd lose the offset and just centre the spare;
2) raise the spare tire up another 2"
3) some kind of latching mechanism to lock the tire carrier open
4) I generally prefer to have the swing away mounted ON TOP OF the bumper rather than having it hang off the face, but the only ways to accomplish that are to a) obstruct part of the taillight with the swing arm pivot (not a good idea IMO) or b) faricate the bumper so that the swing arm is recessed into the bumper face (BUT more complex design = more $$$$ so i'm willoing to take THIS particular tradeoff).

That having been said, I have no trouble recommending their bumper & tire carrier.

Cdn_xj,

I was lucky enough to get my bumper off of a naxja part out. My bumper is a slightly older model, so the tire is centered on the bumper.

and I agree with other posters, it needs more tie ins. I got mine for 300 total, so I can't complain.

Another happy owner :clap:.

Full setup (bumper, d-rings, carrier) with 35's. No problems in 3+ years

Back