• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Leaf Spring Bolt Size

nrwphoto

NAXJA Forum User
I am having some confusion on what size the front leaf to frame bolt is. I am finding part numbers referencing M14-2.0x120mm but various parts suppliers are listing 9/16" or 5/8" bolts. I know these are all similar size bolts but length and thread pitch are very important. I want to make sure I replace all the hardware when I refresh the suspension. The new rear shackles came with bolts so I am good there. Thinking a grazable bolt would be nice if possible.

The factory hangers are 14mm, everything else doesn't really matter. I run American threads where possible.

So the captured nut on the leaf to frame and upper shackle to frame are the 14mm, but any through bolt with a nut you run standard is what you are saying?

You could do that, yes. Bear in mind 9/16 is 0.29mm larger than 14 so you may have to run a 9/16 drill through the bushing sleeves to clean them out and/or remove a little metal before the bolt will fit through if they were pretty tight on tolerances.

The weld nuts in the frame for the leaf eye and shackle are M14x2.0 and more trouble than they're worth to replace, but you can do whatever you want at the shackle to leafspring connection and front lower control arm mounts, which use the same bolts.

Back