• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protecting quick connect couplings for OBA

Jeep-Guy

NAXJA Forum User
I’m trying to find some plastic covers to protect my quick connect couplings (from dirt)that are mounted on the outside of my vehicle for my onboard air. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Rubber boots for hand tools?

Or, I'd take a spare fitting, cover it with plastic (like cling wrap, f'r instance) and dip it in "dip vinyl." You should get something that fits fairly close that way, and you can make as many as you'd like/need.

Alternatively, check with a dedicated plumbing supply house, and see if any of the little caps they put over threaded pipe might fit. You'll still want a snug fit - so they won't come off unless you want them to.

5-90

I forget what they are called, but I use some rubber caps that are supposed to go over the legs on a chair or stool to protect the floor. I bought mine a few years back at Lowes so Home Depot should have them also. I think I've even seen them at Walmart. Find the ones that are the exact diameter of the coupling. Then cut about 1/2 to 3/4 of it away, leaving enough of the sides to slip over the coupling. They fit perfectly and don't look corny or anything either.

Back