• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

-----)> Help with Door Wiring <(-----

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing my doors, and am wondering if there is a disconnect in the door for the wiring or on the harness side? or do i just hack and spice? is there a good write up somewhere on door swapping and getting everything lined up? I searched but could not find... Thanks!

Yep, connector is under the kick panel.

You're gonna want someone there to help hold the doors as you unbolt them.

Use a Sharpie to where the hinges meet the door.
This step is not necessary if you're swapping out the doors, but it's still not a bad idea. If the doors are still on the donor, then mark those as well and compare the measurements between doors and adjust accordingly. If not, then some careful measurements will get you where you need to be. Not much to worry about vertically, but you do have some wiggle room horizontally. Hitting those marks will keep your doors flush when closed.

Remove the fenders; makes it easier to get at the door side bolts (door closed). Then unbolt the doors and remove. Keep track of the shims that just fell out.

I have to give credit to Stang5lgt for this tidbit of knowledge. :worship: All I did was sorta pay attention (and a 12 pack).

Back