• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Rear Bumpers

Cruzzin_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I getting ready to fab a rear bumper for the XJ, I looking for some Custom Rear Bumpers ideas. Show me what you got. or email to [email protected]
Thanks up front
John

John, Let me know when you doing this i would love to watch.

Here is my idea: Use only 2x2 square tubing. remove most of the factory mounting area along with the lower rear quarter panel area. Wrap the unit around the hole area your just removed. Used more 2x2 stock to run obve the leaf and tie it back into the nut strip area. Now how to mount it...still working on that one. You could cut out the back of the rear leaf mounting box and tie into those shackle bolts...just thinkin

Damn John, you need to stop by, i've already got the rear corners cut.
Made a piece out of 3/16" that comes down from the top body line all the way down and wraps under neath and will serve as a good Skid plate. It sleved into the Unibody, and wraps around the rear spring hanger giving it more surport. In the future i plan on eliminating the stock hanger and will go to a CJ type shackle hanger system. I've made a new rear cross member to supprt the new bumper, but i'm struggling with making a desision on going with Round Tube or Square Tube. Pre Runner or simple clean. Even came up with a couple Rear Stinger Ideas.
I've made a Double 2" Swing out Carrier and do like it, I'm thinking something new now, but can't make up my mind.
Give me a call if you want to hook up. Brainstorm Bumper Idears. Have a few Beers, or just talk Xj
John
303-204-7475

Okie Terry said:
Personally, John B., I like the one you have. Why would you want to change it out?

Hey Terry - i believe i still owe you a beer, Looks like i'll be able to pay up at the fling, what your flavor preference

As to Rear Bumper
It's Big, Fat, and Heavy. About 300 Pound
I'm tired of dragging it everywhere.
I already removed it and traded it for a CJ. I did like the look of it, but i'd rather have someting lighter and with better angle approach/Departcher.

John

I'll see If i can get my buddy to make us some of his home brew, alot like Fat Tire, but Smother, and not as heavy. See you out there. My bro will be making the drive from Cali as well,
JOhn

No one has any cool home brew rear bumper?

JeepFreak21 said:
Here's my brackets I made:

Billy

And I used basically the same frame tie-ins to mount this.

bumper%20019.jpg

bumper%20020.jpg

Simple and strong

ive always thought it would be cool to have a rear bumper air tank... to help with onboard air setups...

No picture hosting yet but sent you an email of my tube bumper for '97+ rear flares.

kid4lyf said:
No picture hosting yet but sent you an email of my tube bumper for '97+ rear flares.
Looked real nice, Thanks
Will be done with mine in time for the Fall Bash
John

Back