• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget all Around Build

UrbanFlatline

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Xj - 4.0 auto trans.

I bought this jeep stock and it has stayed that way, got a lil wheeling action but nothing special. I stuffed some worn 31's under it and did some more. THEN... I hit a telephone pole! Guy in front of me decided he wanted to stop for no reason, i swerved and BAM pole...
\
So Now I get to fix it and upgrade it, Thanks to the wifes half ass blessing. This is what I started with and where it has gone so far. First plan is some Trimming and folding, Hennemans fenders and flares in the rear. Tires and wheels. Bumpers and 1/4 panel protection... Maybe a tire carrier. Nothing to crazy, I figure I would post here cause If I posted this on Pirate I would get laughed at. I AM A NOOB!!! This is my first wheeler and only second jeep. Help is needed and gladly accepted.

Disclaimer: Im working on a poor mans salary, most of what I get will be junkyard or craigslist finds. I like the look of the jeepspeed fenders. Although I will be doing some desert stuff this will be a Crawler eventually... If you dont like them please dont hate on me for that. Anyways Start cutting and trimming tomorrow...

When I bought it:
12-26-08_1714.jpg

12-23-08_1314.jpg

12-14-08_1143-1-1.jpg

Then I stuffed 31's under it:
Image056.jpg

They are a lil worn down so ya... Only time they rubbed in the rear was when I had 5 people in the jeep... and the front rubbed on the plastic insert so i just cut it...

Today I ripped off the front passenger fender and started to mount my new 6" bulge fenders that showed up. Found a small Problem with the rad support that i need to straighten out... But damn Do these fenders look good. I ran out of daylight so i have to finish tomorrow and take some pics...

Big ass box!!!
2010-02-22134814.jpg

2010-02-22134839.jpg

Checking out my wheeling damage...
2010-02-22183738.jpg

Sounds like a fun project to me :). Keep the pics rolling :).

Back